I'm Going To Have To Practice..

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would advise a basic adoption agreement...

as Laurie mentioned

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Once you get Emmy, get her microchipped and registered in your name, or change the registration if she's already chipped. Also take her to the vet's for a check-up asap so that you are on file as having paid for her vet care. Then it'll be "too bad" if the girl wants her back.
I was going to mention that about the microchip, especially if she WAS already chipped, to get your name put on immediately. But her not being chipped is probably even better, then you can start fresh by getting it done yourself.

As to "visitation", I would advise against it. When we adopted Sven, he was very depressed because after 9 years his Mom just tossed him aside, and our Vet said if he saw her again, he might get even more depressed when she left again. So...if she asks if she can visit, you can tell her the Vet advised against it, for Emmy's sake
(because I'm guessing you don't really want her to visit her, do you?)

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no hun, I hope this all works out for you, I know how excited you were about getting her yesterday. I hope you do get Emmy soon, she deserves a wonderful life life with a fantastic meowmy (you
) Sending you vibes
xx

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrsgreenjeens

As to "visitation", I would advise against it. When we adopted Sven, he was very depressed because after 9 years his Mom just tossed him aside, and our Vet said if he saw her again, he might get even more depressed when she left again. So...if she asks if she can visit, you can tell her the Vet advised against it, for Emmy's sake
(because I'm guessing you don't really want her to visit her, do you?)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I don't really want her visiting. I think it would be too hard on Emmy. She is pregnant (not Emmy--her current owner)--so hopefully she will be too occupied after the baby comes to drive the 22 miles to see her.
It will be better for all is she just left us alone...for Emmy's sake.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bellaandme

No, I don't really want her visiting. I think it would be too hard on Emmy. She is pregnant (not Emmy--her current owner)--so hopefully she will be too occupied after the baby comes to drive the 22 miles to see her.
It will be better for all is she just left us alone...for Emmy's sake.

to BOTH of you during this excruciating week!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to thank everyone for you support. All suggestions are helpful and appreciated. You all came up with ideas I wouldn't have thought of!! I didn't realize trying to adopt an 'unwanted' kitty would be to hard.