I'm going to be an aunt again! (in a more unconventional way...)

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my brothers and SIL found out a few years ago that they are unable to have children, so they started the (long) process of adopting through the county system. We just found out they are adopting a little 2 1/2 year old boy at the end of the month!!

This boy has been through a lot, and he is finally going home to a loving family, complete with 10 aunts & uncles, 6 cousins and 3 grandparents!!!
Not to mention 2 furry sisters and 5 furry aunties & uncles...

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh that is just wonderful! Congrats to everyone.

My dd has 2 friends, who were adopted through "the system" a few years back. I am fairly familiar with all your brother and SIL had to go through to get their boy!

Best wishes and thanks for sharing!

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!! I'm sure your whole family will give this little boy all the love and life he deserves.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh how wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

(When you said unconventional, I immediately thought someone in the family was adopting a cat!
).

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I thought the same thing
. BUT, this is just fantastic, wonderful news and I am so happy for your brother and your whole family
. Post pictures if you can

aimerlee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's so great! I'm planning on fostering and/or adopting one day and I love hearing happy stories like this! Congratulations on the new nephew!

milu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yay! Best wishes to your brother and SIL and the whole family, furry and otherwise

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

(When you said unconventional, I immediately thought someone in the family was adopting a cat!
).
you guys are so funny! I didn't even think of that...

Thanks everyone! My brother & SIL met with him at the park today, their second time meeting him, and I guess he didn't want to leave when it was time to go...

Here he is:

He has a beautiful smile! I just can't wait to meet him.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very happy for your brother & SIL, and even happier for their new son. I hope they have a life-time of happiness.
Hope the rest of the process goes smoothly for them.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats to you and your entire family! Most most congrats go to that sweet boy! I was adopted through a state adoption at 5 months. My parents couldn't have children either, so when they got me they named me Hope (the child they always "hoped" for). I knew, growing up, they they had chosen me. It is a very special feeling.

In fact, I had two birthdays really. My actual birthday in October, then my "Homecoming Day", which is when my parents brought me home on March 11th. That one was more of a family celebration but in a way it meant more to me than my actual birthday. Honestly, I couldn't ask for better parents than I got.

Your new nephew and your brother and SIL are so lucky to have found each other.