I'm going on a date! Sort of....

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, an old "friend" or I guess you could call him ex boyfriend called and wanted to go out for a drink tonight. I have been talking to him for about a week now. We met about 5 years ago and dated briefly then. The we saw each other once again about 4 months ago, right before I met Mark....I don't have much to say about why we keep hooking back up (not in that way
) but it would be cool if something could come out of it for once! He's TOTALLY my type, rugged, outdoorsy, into fishing and all that, but my typical smart alec personality that I'm strangely attracted to, and that usually tends to get me into trouble...
Well I guess I'll just take it as it is for now and see what happens from there. I know I am on the rebound, so maybe I won't care this time if it fails again....but who knows, three times a charm?

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah good for you - you deserve it. Hope he likes pets!! Lol...

I hope Mark finds out through the grapevine, too. I know it's vengeful but it would be nice if he knew you're not lying around licking your wounds hoping for him to come back.

You go, girl!

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for you!! I had a "sorta" date this weekend, too - I went out with my good friend, her hubby and his friend. My friend swears it wasn't a set-up, and I didn't feel like it was, but he and I went out for a drink after we left my friend's house, and I had a great time.
Here's hoping you two have a wonderful evening, no matter the outcome!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

Yeah good for you - you deserve it. Hope he likes pets!! Lol...

I hope Mark finds out through the grapevine, too. I know it's vengeful but it would be nice if he knew you're not lying around licking your wounds hoping for him to come back.

You go, girl!
Yeah, that would be funny if he found out, but I don't think anyone I knew was there. We went to a corner bar and shot pool and talked. It sorta seemed like he just needed a friend to confide in about his brother's death, which happened in August, although he did kiss me..
I'm not assuming anything, just letting it play out. There was
involved so you know how that goes. Always friendlier with that!

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menagerie mama

There was
involved so you know how that goes. Always friendlier with that!
Been there done that - Was at my friend's house w/her hubby and hubby's good friend, who happens to be an ex-bf from high school (15 yrs since we dated!), and currently separated from his wife. Great evening, lotsa laughs, trips down memory lane, BUT. . .

I crashed out in the spare bedroom, and he came in to say goodnight, asked me to call him the following day, and kissed me on the forehead.

Shannon, I'm sooooo glad you had a good time!! (and that you are taking your time and taking the
into account
)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
RicaLynn said:
I crashed out in the spare bedroom, and he came in to say goodnight, asked me to call him the following day, and kissed me on the forehead.

QUOTE]

That's kinda sweet, maybe he respects you?

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope so - he actually called the next day to invite me to go to his company Xmas party w/him, since his wife wasn't going (she cheated, and she kicked him out the wk after Thxgvg). I thought about it for a while, but after he told me where it was being held, I agreed immediately!
And yes, he was a perfect gentleman the entire evening.