I'm going for another Massage!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went for a massage a couple weeks ago and was sorely disappointed. I wanted to lay on my stomach and have my back, neck, shoulders and feet massaged for an hour. I didn't get that. What I ended up with is described in this thread:

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186012

I called the other day to cancel and was going to book at a place that a co-worker recommended, the only thing is that it's all the way across town from me.

I told the receptionist exactly why I was cancelling (IE: cold basement room, a massage that left me feeling no different than when I went in). She talked me into giving another therapist a chance in a room on the main floor so I don't have to climb stairs which are hard for me to do. I told her specifically that I want to lay there and relax and have my achy parts massaged, I don't want to be exercising during my massage like I was last time.

If I don't get what I asked for, I'm not paying! And I'll book for next time at another studio.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for you for trying again. Definately be upfront and let them know your expectations (which it sounds like you did).

I hope this one is more like what you are looking for

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm back!

I finally managed to get what I wanted. It took some doing because the girl sat down and tried to ask me all of the questions that I had already answered on the previous visit. I told her that I've already answered that stuff, and all I want is a back massage, not a physio treatment.

Again, she tried to sway me into something else. But I dug my heels in and told her I only wanted my back, neck, shoulders and feet massaged, not a full body massage. And that's what I finally got!!

I felt so relaxed that I nearly fell asleep, and I feel so relaxed right now that I feel like I'm going to melt into a puddle.

A girl at work goes to someone else across the city from me. I think I'm going to try there next time, just to see if there is a difference. I'll book with the guy she goes to because she can't say enough good things about him. If it's the same, then I'll just stick with the place close to me instead of travelling across town. Another bonus of that place across the city is that they bill my insurer direct so I only have to pay the 20% and not the full amount and then send in the bill to the insurer and wait for a refund.

But I'm off to nap now