I'm getting the diffusers going...

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my!!! HOW DID I MISS THIS?!?!

Apparently I don't pay attention because I didn't even know you were getting another Betsy

I am so excited for you!!
You must be beaming!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Only NINE MORE DAYS!

I am REALLY excited.
And scared and nervous...it's all going to hinge on how Ginger handles the latest "intruder," LOL...

But I've been having DAILY talks with her, and I think she just might be ok, because I am continually reassuring her that although she may be tiny, she is THE reigning queen of my household, she will still be the oldest, the one with the most seniority, and she IS the boss kitty, no question about it.

I've told her that Penny is not going to give her any problems - she'll be too interested in wanting to play with Ferris, LOL...

And I am stressing that Ginger is NOT to give Penny a hard time - she needs to be NICE to her new sister.

Oh my...this is definitely going to be interesting.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ginger was really good with Ferris other than being aloof wasnt she?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Ginger was really good with Ferris other than being aloof wasnt she?
Well, at the beginning, she growled and hissed and growled and hissed and growled - I never knew she could make noises like that!

But basically, she didn't just attack him outright as I had been afraid she might. I'll have to go back and read through my earlier threads, LOL...

You know, thinking about it - there is a good possibility that it might be a pretty easy intro! Maybe I'm worried for nothing - I hope so!

But Ferris was a 3 month old kitten, and Penny is almost 2 and is bigger than Ginger is in size and weight, so she might be more threatening - plus she's a she, LOL. I got Ferris because I thought a male kitten would be the easiest for Ginger to accept. (and because I wanted a ginger boy, LOL...)

Hmmmm....

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lnbandcats

Does Penny have a special diet? Special litter?
The litter Nial uses is Swheat Scoops (sp?) I believe, but he said she should be ok with the Arm & Hammer I use.

She is on Royal Canin 34 dry, and Sheba Chicken & Duck wet. (Expensive taste in wet, she has!)

So I am all stocked up on both. I hope to be able to shift her over to the grain-free dry foods that I am currently feeding the other two (Nature's Variety Raw Instinct mixed with Serengeti.) We'll see how it goes.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I need to buy a new water fountain, a bigger one, I think. She'll want to torture the others by splashing water on them...
i got a new fountain for mine this spring. a dog-sized version of their other one - the petmate freshflow. it's nice not having to refill the fountain as often!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So exciting! She is such a beautiful girl.

Sounds like you have everything well planned out, so all that's left is the introductions! Good luck!