I'm getting MARRIED!!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Proposed on
Valentine's Day
?!? Hey, there is NOTHING wrong with a totally romantic boyfriend!

18 months sounds like a long time to me; dh and I met February 26th, and got married September 25th of the same year! LOL! But take your time, and do it your way. That's my advice, no matter what everyone else does...make sure your day is YOUR DAY! When I hear of brides who are so stressed that they get sick from it, I think they are nuts! Have fun, plan a huge party, get the prettiest dress...do it your way!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zoe'n'misskitty

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ugaimes

So...how'd he propose?

After work on Valentine's day, he rushed me out to the state forest where we went to hike and talk when we first started seeing each other. I was a little mad because he was in SUCH a rush that wouldn't open his valentine's presents that I'd gotten him! So he was in a huge rush to get out there, since the forest closes at dark. We went to one of the picnic shelters (which is near a creek), and he kept talking about how he was afraid I was going to throw him in the creek. He paced and talked for about 20 minutes about nothing at all. It was cold and getting dark, so I told him he'd better get to his point or I was going back to the car to warm up! So he pulled the box out of his pocket. I figured it was a nice pair of earrings or a necklace or something, but I opened it up and there was this gorgeous diamond solitaire!! He didn't ask. He just kind of looked at me like "oh god, don't give it back to me". Like I would have said no.

It was very sweet.
He isn't quite romantic, but he's very sentimental sweet, and thinks a lot about how to go about things.

We are planning on a small ceremony and a HUGE party. My dad and step-mom told us they'd pay for everything, which is AWESOME, since we have no money for a wedding. I know that they will let us do things our way, too.
We just watched The Wedding Crashers a few weeks ago, and my fiance decided that if we could have a party like the ones in that movie, weddings might not be so bad. hehe

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you - and the kittens of course, they won't ahve to ask why mummy and daddy have different names anymore!!