I'm freezing!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's much warmer in here today. I actually didn't feel like I jumped into a vat of ice when I got out of bed this morning.

However, now I've got a wicked cold. I know colds are caught by virus from other people, but being frozen 1/2 to death doesn't help your immune system.

I've loaded up my tote bag with all kinds of cold drugs, and Buckley's Cough Syrup, pretty much the only one I can use now because it doesn't have sugar in it. It's the grossest stuff I've ever tasted, and it better work!!!! LOL

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

I hated living in an apartment and waiting for them to turn on the heat. Then when they did, it was way too hot all the time. I lived in a ground floor apartment and I was hot, and people said the top floor was really bad. I only lived in my apartment for 14 months before I had enough and moved into a rental townhouse. Now I rent a duplex.

I was freezing when I woke up this morning and really cold walking to the bus. Now (4 hours later) its nice and cool and I have the front door open and the 2 windows in the living room to let some air in.

That's really expensive for heat. My old house had electric heat and our bill was about $100-$130 a month. We kept our house fairly cold though and bundled up with blankets. I kept the dog crate rooms warmer during the day when nobody was home and would turn it off when we got home and just have the heat on in whatever room we were in.

My new place is gas heat and on equal billing we pay $72 a month.
I think their problem is that while they didnt blast the heat up to like 80 it was still kept right above 70 and the house is old so it probably ran alot. Now that they have the coal stove though they never use the electric heat and only spend about 300 bucks for the whole winter but their house is like an oven. LOL

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Y'all would hate my place. I have gas central heating, so its not expensive at all, but I set the heat to turn on at 62oF as I like it cold and prefer to just dress more warmly with my thermal socks and my funky wool beanie, heh.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Do your radiators need bleeding, Linda? Ours don't heat up properly until we do that when we first put the heat back on.

You'd hate our place. Our oil heater is on a timer, so the kitchen, bathroom and living room heat up to 18° (63 - 64°F) from 5 to 7 a.m. and from 5 to 9 p.m.. If the doors are closed they might reach 20° (68°). Otherwise they're set at 13° (55°), and the other rooms (bedrooms and study) aren't heated.

Jamie can get in the waterbed (set at 25°) if he's too cold, but usually he just gets under one of his fleece blankets.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Do your radiators need bleeding, Linda?
Never a single time in the 16 years I've lived here. I can hear when the heat is on, even when I have the thermostat turned right down to zero. Before I wrote the letter, I had checked the radiators and they weren't even a little warm; they were ice cold.

It's warmer in here now. Just right actually. Usually when the heat is on it's too hot because the heat from all of the other apartments below me rises up. But they are doing renovations on the other 1/2 of the building so it's empty, and the side that I live on is less than 50% full. So I'll likely not need to open my windows to let some of the heat out this winter, like I've had to do in the past.