I'm feeling really lonely

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I just got off the phone with my mom, and was just talking about the possibility of someday moving back to my hometown where she is and all my friends are...

I was asking her what kind of life is it to have no friends, and nothing to do but sit around by myself..and I realized..I am 25, in the prime of my life, young and healthy and I have absolutely noone here. I feel very alone..

Usually I can handle it as I try to keep busy...but just realizing that every person that means anything to me is long distance and 7 hours away..

Is this worth it? Why do I even live here? Should I go back to where I came from?

I don't even know, I'm sad.
Wow, that's almost exactly like me. I'm 24, living and working alone and I hardly know anyone. My circumstances might be different (I never liked my hometown, or being next to my parents/family), but I'm sure everyone who lives alone gets lonely now and then. I sure do get that way occasionally, but it just gives me the drive to go out and meet people, or find things to do that I could never do. Haha, maybe I'm just stubborn and won't admit that I get lonely.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know I started thinking about this more and maybe its just me, but it seems that's the age you question friendships.

I.e. when I was 23/24, my friends had pretty much finished college before I did (too many major switches) and once I graduated at 24, it was after 9/11, the economy was going downhill here and most of my friends packed up and moved out of state. I remember at one point my only remaining friend was talking about moving and it turned out she was talking future, not immediate, but in anycase though I actually begged her not to move!

And yes, even if its 2 years after a breakup and you're with someone new, you're still allowed to question what's going on in your life. It's a way to assess whether or not you're on the path you want to be on. The thing that sucks though is that somethings the check happens with a lot of tears.