I'm Excited,but I am sad at the same time

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by EricaNicole

Also the screen door is a really awesome idea. We live in the upper unit of a dulplex that is very very small... the only thing I worry about is that if the baby goes to sleep...how do i keep the sound out. My grandparents have to large dogs that BARK loud, I would need the door to block sound.

Thanks again everyone!
your posts mean the world to me!
Rather than doing everything possible to give noise out, I would try to get the baby used to sleeping through noise from day 1 - you won't regret it!

My brother has 4 kids (youngest are 3 years old and 4 months old), 2 cats and a dog (previously had 3 dogs), and all kids can sleep through anything because they've always done it. My SIL never shushes anyone when the baby is sleeping, and never has - she lets the older ones play loudly, the dog bark etc. and it works very well!

Congratulations as well by the way, and all the best for the pregnancy!

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Rather than doing everything possible to give noise out, I would try to get the baby used to sleeping through noise from day 1 - you won't regret it!

My brother has 4 kids (youngest are 3 years old and 4 months old), 2 cats and a dog (previously had 3 dogs), and all kids can sleep through anything because they've always done it. My SIL never shushes anyone when the baby is sleeping, and never has - she lets the older ones play loudly, the dog bark etc. and it works very well!

I was going to say the same thing. If you get them used to noise from the start, they'll always be able to sleep through anything. (Unless its too quiet
)

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That is a great idea, and my husband and I were determined NOT to tip-toe around when our baby was born. But the baby had different ideas... the second she heard any noise - PING! her eyes were open! We think she didn't want to miss anything! We had to be quiet after all, but the older she got, the more soundly she'd sleep.

If you are a parent, you just make it up as you go along.

Cheeers, from
SwampWitch

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

My baby, any sound we made, wide awake. Run the vacuum cleaner, right to sleep.
with mikey my medium to long hair kitty i run the vacuum cleaner often..maybe Pickle will be like your baby and jonk out!

Ps. because we do not know the sex of the baby and I dont like calling the baby "it" we call him/her Pickle!

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We called Abigail "Bug" (snug as a...
)!
When she was born, we had to ask them if she was a girl or a boy- they looked at us and said "You don't know?"
The nurse had to go over to the table where they were checking her out and look!

I like "Pickle"! Cute!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

awesome advice Sarah! We even used to turn the tv on real loud when we'd put my nephew down for a nap....this way, it would drown all of the other noise out (like doors opening & closing) and he'd be used to sleeping with noise. Let's say next year you go to a NYE party at a friends house, and take the baby, and put the baby to sleep in their guest room.....the baby will sleep away, you can peek in as needed and still have a good time!

Congrats Erica!