I'm Engaged!

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well my trip with my boyfriend to Dubai and Lebannon went really well! Ben asked my Dad for permission to marry me while in Dubai and he said yes! We went ring shopping and found two eternity bands in Cartier that we really loved. We had decided that I would get Ben's grandmothrs ring as my engagement ring but I really fell in love with the bands that we decided to buy them as our wedding rings. So I'm wearing it for now as an enagement ring! OMG this probably makes no sense at all
but I'm just so excited!

Here are some pics:

My ring

Ben's ring

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you everybody! In my excitment I forgot to tell you guys how Ben proposed. We were in the middle of the sea in a paddle boat with my brother and sister in another one, it had been such a fun day out and I was thinking on what a perfect day it had been. Ben chose that moment to propose and made it the best day of my life
. Sorry you guys are probably thinking tat I'm so corny...

Originally Posted by Pombina

Wow thats so romantic, the rings are gorgeous congratulations!! Is it just me or are the rings on the wrong hand?
Its an Arabic thing you wear the engagement ring on the right hand and when you get married you put the wedding ring on your left. I'm probably going to wear them together on my left hand when we get married.

How does everyone else do it?

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sims2fan

Thank you everybody! In my excitment I forgot to tell you guys how Ben proposed. We were in the middle of the sea in a paddle boat with my brother and sister in another one, it had been such a fun day out and I was thinking on what a perfect day it had been. Ben chose that moment to propose and made it the best day of my life

Its an Arabic thing you wear the engagement ring on the right hand and when you get married you put the wedding ring on your left. I'm probably going to wear them together on my left hand when we get married.

When i got engaged to the german i wore my engagement ring on my left hand and the wedding ring is apparently also on the left hand??

But in italy and england the engagement ring is worn on the right hand and wedding on left (if im right) i get so confused! haha

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..

Well in Britain we just wear the engagement ring on the left hand and then the wedding ring on the same finger. Well obviously this varies with different religions etc.
Thats the most romantic thing Ive heard in a long time. Hopefully one day I'll have something like that to post

He must be a really special man if he just knew that was the right moment to propose and that it would blow you away.
So happy for you.

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much everyone I'm planning to have a mixed culture wedding with elements of my Arabic culture and Ben's English culture! So I'm wearing my ring according to Arabic culture but I will transfer it to the left when we get married.

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Congrats! I hope you'll be happy.
What are Arabic wedding traditions like?

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thank you so much everyone I'm planning to have a mixed culture wedding with elements of my Arabic culture and Ben's English culture! So I'm wearing my ring according to Arabic culture but I will transfer it to the left when we get married.
Arabic culture? My husband is lebanese and we had a lebanese/arabic wedding...I wonder if we have the same traditions as you..which I see you wearing the ring on your right hand which is a custom of our church

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ryn

Congrats! I hope you'll be happy.
What are Arabic wedding traditions like?
Veerrrryyyyy long
but a lot of fun if drinking is involved! Lots of dancing to a live band that sings traditional songs and the lastest hits in the Arabic charts. Women dance very provocatively (traditionally) but now its not seen as very classy-- maybe towards the end if people are quite drunk! You wont find this at more traditional people's weddings my family and their friends are quite modern.

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Alaynna

Arabic culture? My husband is lebanese and we had a lebanese/arabic wedding...I wonder if we have the same traditions as you..which I see you wearing the ring on your right hand which is a custom of our church
My family are Muslim of Lebanese/ Pelstinian background but not very traditional at all. I have been to one Arabic Christian wedding but it was quite strict because the groom was Catholic and his family were quite religious so there was no kiss at the end of the ceremony. My sister has many Christian Lebanese friends and she has been to many Christian wedding which she said were a lot of fun.

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, our church is a little strict to where they really don't want a kiss at the end but we did anyway....and my husbands father is the deacon of the church so we pretty much wanted to follow all of the traditions. Our church has arabic, palestinian, lebanese, and greek traditions....we had the holy crowing also. But everything was very different for me because I am just plain american and come from a small family, where he has a HUGE family and we invited 1000 people to our wedding...prob 5 people from my family came ..lol

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
where he has a HUGE family and we invited 1000 people to our wedding...prob 5 people from my family came ..lol[/quote]

Thats exactly what Ben says is going to happen
O'm glad you guys got to kiss in the end!

Alaynna have you been to Lebanon yet? You really should go its so much fun! I have a picture thread in the cat lounge that has pictures of the mountains.

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Veerrrryyyyy long
but a lot of fun if drinking is involved! Lots of dancing to a live band that sings traditional songs and the lastest hits in the Arabic charts. Women dance very provocatively (traditionally) but now its not seen as very classy-- maybe towards the end if people are quite drunk! You wont find this at more traditional people's weddings my family and their friends are quite modern.
Wow! That sounds very nice, and familiar, maybe basic things are pretty similar around the world. Is the Lebanese way women partying with women, men partying with men or...?

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
That is so exciting and extremely special that you are blending and honoring your unique traditions for your wedding...that will make things so beautiful!
Have you set a date yet? Join us on the "Gonna Be Wed Thread" now