I'm Domino

vanillabuzz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello guys, my name is Domino and I'm fairly new to this forum. I've already posted a couple of times but I had yet to introduce myself. I'm 36 and owned by two lovely kittens, Freddie and Miles. They are almost nine-months-old. They are two litter brothers who one of the vets at the clinic where I adopted them from saved them from the pound where they planned to put to them to sleep, even though they were perfectly healthy except for a tummy bug. I've had them for over seven months now and I couldn't love them more. :redheartpump:

Freddie (black & white) and Miles (grey & white).

This happened four months after I lost my baby girl of 15 years, Frida. They have helped me heal so much, but it's still hard to not have her with me anymore. The first anniversary of her passing is coming up in a few weeks and I'm dreading it. I think of her every day and it's like someone stabbed me right in the heart. Both photos and videos of her (which I have many) still make me cry every time. I know I'll always miss her, having adopted her two little brothers doesn't change that, but they certainly have given me a reason to laugh and smile, and I love them with my whole heart.

My angel, Frida. :angel:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
DB0B982D-DB50-4126-B1CF-05DD14D40814.gif
Domino, Freddie and Miles, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
E86C1987-C222-481F-B458-46B2E9F711F4.gif

Glad that you’ve joined us and you are in the right place for all things cat.

We are so sorry to hear about Frida :alright: She’s lovely :lovecat4:

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Freddie and Miles are beautiful too :happycat:

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello vanillabuzz vanillabuzz , and beautiful Freddie and Miles! :hellosmiley: So wonderful to meet you from R raysmyheart and Speedy! We're glad Freddie and Miles are in their home together:catrub: with you. I am sorry for the passing of your angel, Frida, your good friend for 15 years, especially with the anniversary coming up. I am so glad you posted and thank you for the awesome photos. Speedy and I look forward to seeing you again soon!:)

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
More love is always the needed medicine for lost love. Yes,it feels like the pain won't subside,but as time goes on it will begin to ebb. Remember that Frida wouldn't want you to be unhappy forever,and she would want you to move forward with your new little ones.

I would suggest a cathartic release on the one year anniversary. Lay down with Freddie and Miles,and tell them all about Frida. Give them treats,and yap about all the things you loved about her. Snorgle them(love that word),and tell them you are not trying to replace her(this is for your benefit). Play with them. Cry. Love. And remember that you are not alone.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vanillabuzz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much tabbytom tabbytom , R raysmyheart (plus Speedy) and Kreatorcat Kreatorcat for the lovely welcome and the sweet words. :hearthrob: I love my boys so much and I'm so thankful to have them in my life now. Thank you for your words about my Frida too. I really like your suggestion, Kreatorcat Kreatorcat . I often tell them about their sister, but I think I'll definitely do something special on her anniversary.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much tabbytom tabbytom , R raysmyheart (plus Speedy) and Kreatorcat Kreatorcat for the lovely welcome and the sweet words. :hearthrob: I love my boys so much and I'm so thankful to have them in my life now. Thank you for your words about my Frida too. I really like your suggestion, Kreatorcat Kreatorcat . I often tell them about their sister, but I think I'll definitely do something special on her anniversary.
That's a wonderful idea vanillabuzz vanillabuzz .:)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to The Cat Site. :wave2: Freddie and Miles are totally adorable. :catlove:
Condolences on the loss of your dear Frida. RIP sweet girl. :angel:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear about Frida. Those anniversaries are tough, especially the first ones. I'm glad you have Freddie and Miles to cheer you up and help you through it. Welcome to TCS! We look forward to more pictures and stories about your kitties as they grow up. :clap:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vanillabuzz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm a bit late to the last comments but thank you so much for the welcome everyone! :hearthrob: I appreciate it!