I'm depressed (just got my bengal)

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tamed my girl Jasmine by hand feeding her, until she started leaving bite marks on my fingers! OOPS! Glad he is warming up to you. By your patience, your entire interaction with this cat will be different than if you had forced yourself on him. Good job!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

helloevo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
guys, I think something is wrong with his eye. There's always eye goo on his right eye, and when he blinks, the right one usually goes down first, and sometimes when he's just sitting or laying down, the right one sits lower then the left one, is this a problem?

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gosh, I don't know. I'd post a new thread in the Health and Nutrition Forum. How is everything going otherwise?

helloevo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SnowLeop

Gosh, I don't know. I'd post a new thread in the Health and Nutrition Forum. How is everything going otherwise?
It's actually great. The only thing worrying me is his eye. We were playing with a couple of toys today, he came up to me and let me pet him for a little bit. He's still kinda scared though, he's back in his spot right now, hopefully he'll come out soon. He's used his litter a bunch and there hasn't been another accident. I think the problem was that I didn't introduce him to the litter box, I just put it near him, which was probably a mistake.

girlsetsfiyah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have to say, he is an absolute darling!! Too Cute!!! =D As for his eye...It looks just fine in the pics, so I assume it got like this after he was in your room for a while? It could be something as simple as dust from the litter box irritating his eye, or maybe dust from under the bed? (No matter how much we all clean, dustbunnies find their way under there, lol.) But other then that I can't think of any other things, I'm not sure it it is serious or not? How is it looking now...?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He keeps getting cuter and cuter. They eye looks fine to me. I'd watch it for a few days and if it starts getting really goopy take him to the vet.

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, it could just be dust. I would call your breeder if you're really concerned about it. Did Felix get a full check-up before he came to you?

Also, that's great news that he's getting friendlier with you! Tell me more about your interactions with him.

helloevo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Yeah, it could just be dust. I would call your breeder if you're really concerned about it. Did Felix get a full check-up before he came to you?

Also, that's great news that he's getting friendlier with you! Tell me more about your interactions with him.
He was nuetered a day before he came to me, and got his shots also, so I assume he was checked out as well. When I sent my breeder the pictures of Felix, she was the first to mention his eye. She says I should take him to the vet, and I just noticed that it's usually like the picture, with the right eye lower than the left.

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HelloEvo

He was nuetered a day before he came to me, and got his shots also, so I assume he was checked out as well. When I sent my breeder the pictures of Felix, she was the first to mention his eye. She says I should take him to the vet, and I just noticed that it's usually like the picture, with the right eye lower than the left.
Poor guy! He was neutered then sent on a plane to unfamiliar territory! Yeesh -- no wonder he's traumatized.

If the breeder says that you should go to the vet than I would do that. Is she going to pay for it?

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When my foster agency adopts out cats, although they are neutered and up to date on shots, we require a vet visit within a week. I think it is totally appropriate to take your kitty to the vet. Be sure to use a carrier, because you should always have kitty confined when he is out of your house.

Wow, he has been through alot since he was just neutered, too! Poor little guy! I'm glad he is taming for you.

helloevo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Beckiboo, I'll try to get an appointment for the vet sometime within the next 2-3 days. That shouldn't be a problem right?

Snowleop, I doubt she'll pay for it.

romeoslover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Congrats on your new buddy..he is beautiful. In my area, there are mobile vets who come to your house for checkups and shots and stuff. This would be less traumatic for him than taking him back in the car. Good luck
(,)>^.,.^<(,)

helloevo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
uh oh...I was just laying down by him right now, and his right eye is red (the part that's supposed to be white) and I'm pretty sure that's what's causing him to close his right eye, I'm not sure what could've happened.

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

uh oh...I was just laying down by him right now, and his right eye is red (the part that's supposed to be white) and I'm pretty sure that's what's causing him to close his right eye, I'm not sure what could've happened.
Oh dear. Well, I think a vet appointment is in order.

So he's letting you lay by him? Does he let you pet him? How much progress has he made in terms of socializing with you?

helloevo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Oh dear. Well, I think a vet appointment is in order.

So he's letting you lay by him? Does he let you pet him? How much progress has he made in terms of socializing with you?
Most of the time he lets me get near him and pet him, sometimes he rolls over on his back and lets me pet him, but his eye is really red. This kind of sucks because I spent most of the money I had on him and his toys, I wasn't expecting him to have any problems so soon

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Most of the time he lets me get near him and pet him, sometimes he rolls over on his back and lets me pet him, but his eye is really red. This kind of sucks because I spent most of the money I had on him and his toys, I wasn't expecting him to have any problems so soon
Yeah, vet bills pop up at the worst times. I'm so sorry.

I'm glad that he is being more social with you though. No more hiding under the bed?

helloevo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Yeah, vet bills pop up at the worst times. I'm so sorry.

I'm glad that he is being more social with you though. No more hiding under the bed?
I think that he thinks it's his bed. He sleeps under there and is under there all the time. Do you guys have any idea how much eye medication for a cat would be?

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know it is money, but in fact you should always have a new kitten checked by your vet within a few days of arrival, whatever the breeder/shop/seller says. So scrape the money together and go. Probably the visit/exam will be more than the meds, but it must be done.

colin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Don't delay, go to the vet right away. We had an eye infection with our old cat and although they cleared it up with antibiotics, sometimes that eye wouldn't open as wide as the other.