Im crying over my kittens

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ms cat love

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I emailed the shelter and they have assured me the kittens are doing good.. Binx was added to the list of adoptable animals.. They were seperated and that just kills me
A girl there emailed and said she put Binx back in the cage with Buster and Buster didnt like it.. I dont know if they are together still and i cant control if they get adopted out together... Im still heartbroken 2 weeks later just knowing I put them there.. If i could have found homes for them myself i would have
My house is still soooo quite without them... Im posting the website again where they are if anyone wants to adopt them today

http://www.geaugahumane.org/

jennywhite686

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You're going to go through this separation heartache every time your momma cat has a litter you can't afford to look after. Not to mention what the momma goes through physically having that many pregnancies, and filling the shelters with more cats who need homes. Borrow a trap or get a sedative from a vet and get momma spayed please!!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I too lived on a farm for a while and started out with the same problem that you are facing now - too big of a heart and not enough people out there to adopt all the kittens!

The only way that you are going to work yourself out of this is to get the cats spayed. Because you know what? Someone else will drop off a cat in your neck of the woods and they will start giving more kittens. It you don't stop the cycle now, it will only get worse. Its never going to completely end and you'll do far too much crying that could be prevented.

I hope this doesn't sound harsh. I learned the hard way myself. I was going thru 50 pounds of cat food plus wet cans and 40 pounds of litter each week for a while. You gotta get them all fixed.

Do you need help with trapping the cats or finding low cost spay/neuter services in your area?

lizbethsara

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Omigosh Ms Cat Love. I totally feel your pain. In fact, I've lobbied in my state for animals and their humans to have the right to wed.

ms cat love

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennywhite686

You're going to go through this separation heartache every time your momma cat has a litter you can't afford to look after. Not to mention what the momma goes through physically having that many pregnancies, and filling the shelters with more cats who need homes. Borrow a trap or get a sedative from a vet and get momma spayed please!!
Ive only taken 2 of my own kittens to a shelter in my entire life.. And in my entire 48 years on this earth have never encountered a cat i couldnt catch.. My vet nor the shelter has ever suggested a sedative? I asked the shelter if they had some kind of a dart gun with a knock out drug.. I got no response so i figure not.. I will check with my vet on that.. But they know about her and have never suggested it either.. Sorta hard to catch a cat in a trap when she wont go in it to get trapped ... Bottom line is if i could catch her she would have never gave birth once... I have spayed/neutered at least 50 cats in my time

ms cat love

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just found out Binx got adopted yesterday
Poor Buster left all alone
I hope someone falls in love him tomorrow and takes him home..

ms cat love

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I knew she gave birth when i came downstairs wed. morning and she wasnt with the rest of the gang for cat chow time...

She had 2 and they look just like binx and buster

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats will go into traps... You put really smelly food like tuna in them. Nip works well too.

If you can herd her into one room (ok if a few get in the room with her, you might just catch them first-just take them out of the room & try again).

They have a lever in the back, so you prop the door open and when the cat goes in the trap far enough (stepping on the lever) the door will shut. Yes they freak out-but sometimes it is the only way. You can buy them off of the internet or at a farm supply store.

Incase you don't know what a humane trap is here is a pic of one:
http://www.ecojoes.com/wp-content/up...l-cat-trap.jpg

Here is how they work (varies from trap to trap):
http://icwdm.org/Images/cat-house/Fe...eCat_img_3.jpg

And a pic of Before a cat gets caught & After (with burlap to make the cat more comfy with the idea of getting in):
http://www.for-the-love-of-cats.com/...tfromFandS.jpg

I know the word 'trap' doesn't put pretty images in anyones head, but catching her is going to be the only way to keep you from being in this sitiuation with a broken heart. I feel for you, now you have to go through the whole shelter thing again with the new litter.

Her are some "better days" & "quick adoption into great homes" prayers for you and your beautiful babies:

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ms cat love

Im pretty sure Buster found a forever home,since hes gone from the list of adoptable cats at the shelter
Wonderful
NOW, sending out major prayers and vibes that you can figure out how to outsmart that mama-kitty