I'm chopping my hair off tomorrow!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LOL Hope! I've considered doing that! I have a friend who once shaved her head. Yes a girl. She's crazy and tattooed and I love her just the same. She's my DD's Godmother and I am to her son. She only did it the one time (when we had lost touch) and said she will never do it again; but said she misses how easy it was.

I have a big head...so poofy body on a big head doesn't help. But also when it's long sometimes it doesn't do my face shape any justice either. Men have it so easy.

It is my natural color. I don't have the time/patience for that kind of maintenance. So far I just pull most of my grays. Fortunately I like the color of my hair.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks! I put some anti-humidity cream in it today and took the time to use a blowdryer and it looks much better than it did this weekend. Guess I need to put a lilttle effort into it for the time being.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You look lovely! And you're so lucky to have that rich natural color, too. I got so sick of myself the other night that I grabbed some scissors and hacked at my hair (can't afford a salon anymore). I took off MUCH more than I meant to (about five inches), but I'm so glad I did! It's the same length as yours now, and just as you said, it has much more body -- which, in my case, is a VERY good thing. I've also given up perms for the duration of my poverty, and once I cut off the old permed part, I realized how much healthier and thicker my natural hair is. I've spent my whole life thinking I had horrible hair -- but I don't! It's just too much processing that's been ruining it. NEVER AGAIN.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cost Cutters has $10 Tuesdays

I've never had any better results from going to a more expensive salon, so I just go wherever I happen to be when I decide I need a haircut---Wal-Mart, the mall, etc. They always do a fine job.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ooh your lucky! I've had some bad experiences with the cheap places! Once this place in the mall just took the scissors and cut straight across. My hair is very thick. Too thick to properly get through all the hair properly. My ends looked crazy after that. Never went back and I was still in early high school at this point. My Mom started taking me to a regular salon again. I've never been one to go often to get my hair cut; so it's not something I asked for often. I'd have gladly done some extra work to earn the cut ya know?

I think I spent $32 plus tip for this cut. Next time I'll go to my regular girl there (she wasn't working that day) but the guy did fine...it's me having to put effort into keeping it straight in the morning I'm having troubles with!
My hair is naturally straight for the most part; but it gets these waves in it. Not enough to be attractive at all!

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to admit...Ive been scared to read this because just the thought of hair cuts freaks me out. LOL Im a total geek about my hair its been over a year since my last hair cut and I need one bad but I cant bring myself to get my almost butt length hair cut. But your hair cut looks amazing!!!!

If I cut my hair that short I would instantly look like a hamster hoarding away food for the winter. My cheeks look super chubby with short hair so Ive always kept it long...but probably too long.