I'm at the midnight premiere of HP7 PT. 2!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Just curious...is the "Epilogue" in the movie, as it was in the book?
Yup!!!!
It's pretty awesome in MANY ways. I defy you not to giggle - and yes, I said giggle, Mr. Blanche!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eternalrx

i read on the news that it broke all records and grossed 168 million over the weekend WOW!

cant wait to see it!
That's awesome! I really want to see it again..

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't giggle.

It was a pretty good movie but, as someone said, this would be a terrible movie to be your first Harry Potter movie.

I did like the way Neville became a real leader.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I didn't giggle.
Too bad. I thought it was very funny and cute.

It was a pretty good movie but, as someone said, this would be a terrible movie to be your first Harry Potter movie.
Why would this be your first Harry Potter movie? Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, book 7, would be a terrible book to be your first Harry Potter book.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by parsleysage

Why would this be your first Harry Potter movie? Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, book 7, would be a terrible book to be your first Harry Potter book.
Not mine. I've seen all of them, and read all of them, and listened to all of them as audiobooks. But there are always new people coming along, just discovering them, and they sometimes go to one of the movies, not realizing just how adrift they're going to feel.

Did any of the movies make it clear the prophecy about Harry could just as well have applied to Neville?

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I also found it interesting how clear the movie made it that Draco's parents, and especially his mother, had turned against Voldemort.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Did any of the movies make it clear the prophecy about Harry could just as well have applied to Neville?
None of the movies touched on that. I think there are things that people who've read the books sort of "fill in" for themselves in the movies.
For the non-readers out there, I really think you might be confused if you hadn't seen all the movies.

We've only seen this move twice so far; I feel a third time may be in order.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally saw this movie last week with my sister. We went to an early bird show, got in for $5 each, and there were only about a dozen people in the theater. I LOVED it. We rented Part 1 the day before, because neither of us had seen it yet, but we've both read all the books several times. This was also the first Potter movie I've seen in the theater, usually I just wait until I can get the DVD cheap. It was definitely worth it. Wouldn't want to see it in 3-D though. Certain scenes in the non 3-D version actually made me a little dizzy.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Misty8723;3096853 Wouldn't want to see it in 3-D though. Certain scenes in the non 3-D version actually made me a little dizzy.[/QUOTE said:
We've seen it both ways, and I didn't really thnk there was too much difference; I really prefer to see movies without the 3D stuff getting in the way.
The best 3D effect, IMO, was when Voldemort started "dissolving"; the 3D feature made it seem as if you could reach out and touch pieces of him---very, very cool effect.