I'm at the midnight premiere of HP7 PT. 2!!

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's true--- I AM crazy!!!!

It's a tradition with my friends and I'm so excited! The good news is that the huge amount of publicity caused the theatres to plan really well, and we're already seated... no waiting around outside!!

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We drove past the theater here about 7 pm last night, and the line was ridiculous! Tents, big shade umbrellas, lawn chairs---and there were 4showings last night, each one starting 2 minutes after the one before it.

We plan to go to the 10 a.m. show Sunday; hopefully, everyone will be in church and the theater won't be too crowded. I can't wait!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOW - You will NOT be disappointed. It was incredible!

I'm watching the cursor blink and trying to think of more ways to describe it, lol!!!! There really aren't any. It's a perfect ending. It was emotional and satisfying. I hope y'all go to see it!!

calvin&i

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We went to see part 1 of Deathly Hallows in IMAX and just loved it and so wanted to do it for this one too but the closest IMAX is about an hour away. Since DH has a really busy day today and tomorrow, we bought tickets for Sunday at 1pm. I simply cannot wait. Am glad you liked it

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think we'll wait a week or two before seeing it, until the crowds die down. Plus, we need to see Part 1 again, just for a refresher!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrsgreenjeens

I think we'll wait a week or two before seeing it, until the crowds die down.

Even though I wanted to go to the midnight showing to get the special edition Harry Potter 3D glasses.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't see a thread on this..
so I made one. Mods feel free to merge it if there is already a post about it.

Are any of you Harry Potter fans?

For those of who went to see it.. Did you enjoy it or were you disappointed? (It came out July 15th it also was shown at midnight July 14th in some areas, I went to see it yesterday.)

Some people I have talked to are disappointed because they read the book and didn't like the movie much... but I wasn't disappointed at all probably because I didn't read the book. I have also heard people were dressing up, which is cool but never crossed my mind.

I enjoyed Part 1 when I saw it in theatres last year and I enjoyed this one too. Really sad this is the last of Harry Potter. I have read the first 2 books, but saw all of them movies, but one Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.. I think that was in 2009 that I will have to rent. I actually just ordered Part 1 on Netflix to watch it again.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thoroughly enjoyed it, although I didn't go to the midnight premiere or see it 3D. Had no idea they were giving out Harry Potter glasses for it! I would have went with 3D if my friend liked 3D but she doesn't. You're not crazy, I wasn't brave enough to beat the crowds at midnight! :p I am a huge Harry Potter fan.. so sad it's all over now though kinda like losing an old friend.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We saw it yesterday in 3D, and plan to see it again in a few days in the regular version. The 3D glasses we were given weren't special in any way, just plain old 3D glasses. The film is dark and the glasses just made it darker. I loved it and bawled like a baby at certain parts.
I have so enjoyed watching Harry and his friends grow up; I think this is bittersweet for a lot of people, knowing that this is the end.
Good movie---I give it a

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So much for waiting a couple of weeks. We saw it yesterday too! And I got a little teary eyed in spots also, even though I knew what was going to happen, since I've read the book series a few times
. But, oddly, some things that didn't quite make sense in book 7 finally made sense seeing this movie. We'll definitely be adding this one to our Harry Potter video collection as soon as it comes out in DVD or Blu Ray.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

But, oddly, some things that didn't quite make sense in book 7 finally made sense seeing this movie..
That was my thought, too; I've read the 7th book a couple of times, and there was always one part that I'd re-read, trying to make sense of it. I thought the movie explained it very well.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just curious...is the "Epilogue" in the movie, as it was in the book?

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw it at midnight as well, had to wait outside in a line for the 12:40 showing because it was the only one left and had to park in a field... was so worth it!!

eternalrx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i read on the news that it broke all records and grossed 168 million over the weekend WOW!

cant wait to see it!

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Just curious...is the "Epilogue" in the movie, as it was in the book?
don't know if we should tell you or not

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

don't know if we should tell you or not
You might as well. It won't keep me from seeing it, and it won't make me see it any sooner, and I've listened to it as an audiobook several times.