I'm at school for a a year or so, but I will come back for 1 week and christmas and then next summer

fijiboi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

I am worries that my Cats will be ok one male and one female. The female one usually sleeps on my bed at night and I often take her outside with the other male. I previously had been gone for a year unexpectedly and my cat seemed to be OK when I was back and was attached again. The other one seemed happy too. Will my Cats be Ok? I see them as independent creatures but I am still worried that they will miss me, their are a lot of people around the house that take care of them play with them and take them outside in the backyard in the summer. Any suggestions would help and thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As long as there areplenty of other people to interact with them, they should be just fine.  They are part of a family, so having one household member gone for awhile is not as disturbing as it would be if there was only one other person in their lives.  They will reattach to you when you are home, but they will become more attached to the others when you are away.  Most cats are pretty flexible in this kind of situation.