I'm at a loss about these fleas!!! Help help HEEEELP!!!! Grrr.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i think kittens need to be 12 weeks to use Revolution? but as i have never used it i could be wrong.

tillypop

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi Danimarie,
Can I just say I feel your frustration with your flea infestation hunny. I too have been at my wits end with fleas.
Every animal in my house is infested with fleas much to my horror!!!
I took my older cat poppy to be spayed on Thursday and when I collected her the vet told me that she was riddled!
Stupid me had thought a flea collar would prevent them, but it did absolutely nothing. Infact the vet said that the active ingredient in cat flea collars is nasty and because poppy had this chemical in her bloodstream I will have to wait for another week before they can treat her with a flea treatment as the two will interact and make her very ill.

Basically I've been told that any product made by Bob martin or Shirleys are absolute rubbish and I shouldn't touch them with a barge pole.
Tilly has fleas and so do her kittens now, I've been advised to buy the frontline spray for Tilly and her babies which I'm doing tomorrow, and the bunny and my new Dalmation are going into the vets for a free flea check and they will only charge me for the actual flea product. The bunny can't have frontline as apparently it will more than likely kill her.

The vet advised me to keep an eye on the kittens gums and make sure they are a nice pink colour, if they look pale it's a definite sign they are suffering from Anemia due to the fleas sucking on their blood.
So it's worth keeping an eye out on their gums until you manage to resolve your flea infestation.

I've now got to find a suitable spray or something to treat the whole house too. I feel like I'm getting nowhere.

Sending you a massive hug hunny and just to say, perservere and I hope you manage to get on top of things soon

Love Janey xxx

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Here's a wonderful update:

Ever since Lily was treated with Frontline Plus and I vacuumed the house with the flea powder that the vet told me to buy (which was a 24 hour stink fest btw), the fleas are gone off the kittens.

I'm thinking Lily was the mothership of the flea infestation and somehow now the babies are flea free.

3 more weeks and they get their FrontlinePlus which I already have waiting for thhem, but the problem is gone.

*phew*

Thanks so much everyone!!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh, a celebration is definitely in order.

I'll order the next round!!!!!!