I’m A Wreck Without My Booboo

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Just checking to see how you are doing today, I hope a slight bit better but it takes so very long but just a tiny bit better each day is a help.

I know how you feel....and I am dreading the day that I lose my precious Angel boy Sylvester, he and I found each other in the darkness and helped each other out of bad times, the bond he and I share is like you and BooBoo and in fact at times I call him "BooBoo" or even "Honey BooBoo" lol but cat people understand! I am a nervous wreck knowing that it is coming up on the time when I have to catch him and put him in the carrier to take him to the vet to get a haircut, he gets so matted we have to have him shaved into a Lion's cut, they did it last April and he looked and felt great, but this will be only the 4th time in his life he will be at a vet, but I know he has to go and he will get over it, I am taking it harder than he is but that is how we love them with all our heart and soul, and I know already when he leaves me it will be a very dark day, I know it must happen one day but I dread it already but like people say "live for today, don't think about that" and I do enjoy everyday with him. But I know how you feel, he was your world, but he is fine now it is you who is hurting, and we want to make sure that you are okay. :rbheart:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cloverleaf88

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just checking to see how you are doing today, I hope a slight bit better but it takes so very long but just a tiny bit better each day is a help.

I know how you feel....and I am dreading the day that I lose my precious Angel boy Sylvester, he and I found each other in the darkness and helped each other out of bad times, the bond he and I share is like you and BooBoo and in fact at times I call him "BooBoo" or even "Honey BooBoo" lol but cat people understand! I am a nervous wreck knowing that it is coming up on the time when I have to catch him and put him in the carrier to take him to the vet to get a haircut, he gets so matted we have to have him shaved into a Lion's cut, they did it last April and he looked and felt great, but this will be only the 4th time in his life he will be at a vet, but I know he has to go and he will get over it, I am taking it harder than he is but that is how we love them with all our heart and soul, and I know already when he leaves me it will be a very dark day, I know it must happen one day but I dread it already but like people say "live for today, don't think about that" and I do enjoy everyday with him. But I know how you feel, he was your world, but he is fine now it is you who is hurting, and we want to make sure that you are okay. :rbheart:
I think that’s the sweetest thing that any stranger ever said to me.
Today my only struggle is packing up his stuff. That I neatly put in a corner near his favourite temptations... there is a woman in my home town who started a animal shelter in our region and I know she has cats, she deserves a break too.
I can’t begin to express my gratitude for your amazing words and I hope that if I have to be there for you If god forbid something happen, I will be ther for you. Xoxo

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that’s the sweetest thing that any stranger ever said to me.
Today my only struggle is packing up his stuff. That I neatly put in a corner near his favourite temptations... there is a woman in my home town who started a animal shelter in our region and I know she has cats, she deserves a break too.
I can’t begin to express my gratitude for your amazing words and I hope that if I have to be there for you If god forbid something happen, I will be ther for you. Xoxo
You are welcome, we all here care about each other and know how horrible it is to deal with the passing of our furry friends, and like Di and Bob once said "we give words of hope and encouragement to people desperately trying to grasp onto something, like a drowning person" which is very true....but with love, hope, tears and prayers we once again swim to dry land, it is so very hard but we do it and somehow move on. Life goes on, the circle of life......

I joined this site asking questions about Sebastian years ago who was sick, and he passed away about 4 or 5 days later, and I will never forget the compassion and help and love given by many on here, and I stay on here and vow to help others through their hard times; he was not the first cat that we lost but it was tragic and he was my wife Deb's favorite like Sylvester is mine, so it hit home hard, but out of bad comes good, and 3 months later I found my boy and the rest is history, although this morning Deb said "he was a very bad boy this morning, Daddy won't get a good report" as he was mean and hitting some of the others when she was feeding them :nono: so I had to "talk" to him about it, but it is funny because like I said he looks like Sebastian and Simon combined, and Simon used to get nasty when they were fed too, so maybe it is the tuxedo in him getting cranky? Or Simon living through him lol?!!!

Thanks for the offer to be there if something bad happens, you can catch him and take him for a haircut in a few weeks lol! I am tough and get the job done with the others when they have to go to the vet, but with him I am different, I know he must go and I must do it and he will be alright, but it just works my nerves for some reason, but we will get the job done! I have been picking him up every morning lately and will do so to get him used to me doing it, but one day he will be picked up and quickly put into the carrier I hope, last year he got away and I had to flush him out and that really stressed us both! Oh boy.....:runaround: :bliss: :eek2: :gaah:

EDIT: And I have a feeling when the time is right you will find your "Sylvester" too, probably not that name but the same thing, another in need who needs you and you need him or her....

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I so agree....when the time is right, when it is right. And that cat, whatever his name will be, will never take BooBoo's place, nor should he. He (or she) will make his own place, and will be a tribute to the love that you and BooBoo shared.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cloverleaf88

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I feel bad at the thought of that right now. . My little pop tart was ... my life, you did not know Lori (that’s me) without her white cat that got everyone’s black pants full of white hair. ( maybe I encouraged the black attire for entertainment purposes lolll)
Ugh, right now I’m having a problem with coming home ... at a decent time because I ... don’t necessarily have anything to come home too.
I’ve been having a emense amount of frustration at work and yet I stay there .. because I don’t have that comfort l. And I do totally understand that time plays a ridiculous part in the healing process. . I just struggle with, did I take my cat for granted. I knew he was my heart, however I had no idea the power of such a little heart. ❤ I wish each of you could have seen how silly this conservative girl was with her funny faced cat, his disrespectful barging threw the bathroom door when my girlfriends were going pee or his cry to turn on the water. This little cat would jump on the bathroom sink and stare at you to turn the water on haha. He was so enlightening. It makes me happy talking about him really I love telling you guys this and I always tell my friends “I joined a support group online and they are amazing I feel that they get it”.
This is what “support” means, no pressure of relatives, or friends, to tell the truth and it hurt.. because if tour saying it, your not being truthful to be malicious but to save the extra heart ache rather then sugar coating. ❤❤
I even asked the vet to lie to me at one point i begged him, and then at last they argued who would come and give me the news. I’m so protective of mine and my butter balls friendship.

Hmm while I uploaded these pictures I thought “with all due respect to you guys, why do they think I would eventually have another cat”
Lol it’s bwcause you think me and my cat were a cute pair eh!!! Lol again you guys are the best thank you for helping with every bit of my heart thank you

Attachments

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I joined this site asking questions about Sebastian years ago who was sick, and he passed away about 4 or 5 days later, and I will never forget the compassion and help and love given by many on here, and I stay on here and vow to help others through their hard times
Same here.
I joined TCS 30 days before my sweet Lola passed away, but the support I received from all members in those few days of desperation and the days after the death of my Lola is unforgettable.
I thought I would like to stay here to help others, just like someone else had helped me.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel bad at the thought of that right now. . My little pop tart was ... my life, you did not know Lori (that’s me) without her white cat that got everyone’s black pants full of white hair. ( maybe I encouraged the black attire for entertainment purposes lolll)
Ugh, right now I’m having a problem with coming home ... at a decent time because I ... don’t necessarily have anything to come home too.
I’ve been having a emense amount of frustration at work and yet I stay there .. because I don’t have that comfort l. And I do totally understand that time plays a ridiculous part in the healing process. . I just struggle with, did I take my cat for granted. I knew he was my heart, however I had no idea the power of such a little heart. ❤ I wish each of you could have seen how silly this conservative girl was with her funny faced cat, his disrespectful barging threw the bathroom door when my girlfriends were going pee or his cry to turn on the water. This little cat would jump on the bathroom sink and stare at you to turn the water on haha. He was so enlightening. It makes me happy talking about him really I love telling you guys this and I always tell my friends “I joined a support group online and they are amazing I feel that they get it”.
This is what “support” means, no pressure of relatives, or friends, to tell the truth and it hurt.. because if tour saying it, your not being truthful to be malicious but to save the extra heart ache rather then sugar coating. ❤❤
I even asked the vet to lie to me at one point i begged him, and then at last they argued who would come and give me the news. I’m so protective of mine and my butter balls friendship.

Hmm while I uploaded these pictures I thought “with all due respect to you guys, why do they think I would eventually have another cat”
Lol it’s bwcause you think me and my cat were a cute pair eh!!! Lol again you guys are the best thank you for helping with every bit of my heart thank you
He just looked like such a sweet, gentle cat......

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Doesn't he, though? Every time I see his face, I smile. Who could help it? To lose any cat, especially such a cat is true grief.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise

Right now you have no desire to get another cat and that is normal, you are still grieving your Angel boy and will for as long as it takes, and yes it is so very hard to come home to no one, we had that experience when our dog Rusty died many years ago, neither Deb nor I wanted to be the first home because it was such an empty, hollow feeling, but it passed about 6 weeks later when Smoke magically appeared one day, we eventually took her in and now we have a crazyhouse of 9 of them! But we have found even with a full house when one passes it still is a sad, hollow feeling that you know one is gone, but it does take your mind off things because you know you still have to take care of the others, and we found that when one passes it seems the other one's personalities stand out even more, like they are showing us and saying "we are great cats and here for you, too".

But I can tell from your posts that one day, maybe soon or very far down the line, you will say what I said to Deb as she was standing there at Rusty's grave in our backyard crying "maybe it's time to think about getting another animal around here", and I swear to you SECONDS LATER Smoke came around the corner of the house, I smiled and told Deb to turn around and look and she saw her too....I don't want to get too religious on you but we KNOW it was a sign from up in Heaven where someone's spirit up there was just waiting for us to say it and like they said "NOW" and this little stray cat with one eye damaged from a bb appeared and a few weeks later she came back and we got her. Maybe it won't be as dramatic as that lol, but I have a feeling BooBoo will have a hand in guiding you to another in need, all in good time. :)