I'm a pillow!

anziani

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Have a new  American Short hair kitty about 3 years old. He is a great kitty, very affectionate and follows me everywhere. Curls up in my lap every time I sit down. HOWEVER, he has one habit that baffles me. When I go to bed at night he insists on laying on TOP of me. I can eventually work him down until he is laying between my legs. If I lay on my side, there is not enough room for him so he scoots under the covers next to me.Any ideas on why he thinks I'm his pillow? My last cat was happy sleeping next to my head.

Anziani

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

Have a new  American Short hair kitty about 3 years old. He is a great kitty, very affectionate and follows me everywhere. Curls up in my lap every time I sit down. HOWEVER, he has one habit that baffles me. When I go to bed at night he insists on laying on TOP of me. I can eventually work him down until he is laying between my legs. If I lay on my side, there is not enough room for him so he scoots under the covers next to me.Any ideas on why he thinks I'm his pillow? My last cat was happy sleeping next to my head.

Anziani
They're all so different.  A couple of my cats used to get under the covers and curl up with me.  I loved it.  Zoe loves to sleep by my head.  Ozzy is like your kitty--he wants to sleep ON me.  And he's a big cat!  We call him The Brick because once he does settle into a sleeping position, he just won't move no matter what.  

cookie628

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Awe My Sonny does that too. I actually started to embrace it and now its pretty comfy feeling his weight on my back lol Im not sure why he does it though. My husband says every morning I have one baby on my back adn the other one (Willow, a 3 month old) on my legs. Its too cute :)  I would say embrace it - atleast try lol