I'm a newly owned human :D

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's adorable!

He looks like he's settling in nicely. I bet he'll be running all over the place in no time. As Momofmany said, be sure he doesn't have to look too hard for the litter box!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aw, he's adorable!
Congrats on your first baby on your own!

You've already gotten good advice, so just have fun getting to know each other.

Laurie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

purplefizz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He is beautiful! He seems less stressed out now! I rubbed a towel on him and put it in his carrier (not interested in his bed
) He is now lying in his carrier, meowing and dozing in and out of sleep. He's got a full tum and even had some water!
Do they meow a lot at first? I keep answering him but I don't think he is looking for me! lol. I've shown him the litter tray but he hasn't done a pee or poop yet....should I be worried? It's been like 9 hours!!
Awww I sat him on my lap just and he fell asleep
And then he woke up and stretched and he seemed happy

I'm getting there!
Thank you all for replying to me, you really did help

He's meowing again now.....hee hee

Oh, and i'm thinking of calling him Edward

rainbow_tic_tac

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Edward= "Twilight"= AMAZING! XD
Its a very cute name! When I named my last kitten I took a few days to get to know her personality before I decided. Maybe if you aren't certain of what you want to call him you could do the same. ^^ I've often heard that what you name your children/pets/etc. affects his or her personality. I'm not entirely sure if its true, but maybe naming him Edward will make him super strong and fast! <-- I'm only joking.

If he hasn't used the box he could have used the floor. I would check behind the TV, under the couch, and wherever else you said he's been for droppings. At this age any waste is probably tiny so it may be hard to spot. Then again, if he hasn't eaten or drank much he may not need to go. Just some advice!

By the way, he is absolutely adorable. <3

purplefizz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yay, he has used the litter box like 4 times now! Litter is EVERYWHERE! Hee hee. He is eating well, good appetite and drinking bits of water.....isn't he a good boy

He meowed alllllll night last night! In the end I got up with him at 4am. I sat with him, spoke to him, cuddled him....i think i sang at one point! I lay on the floor with him. The meowing didn't stop
poor little guy. Now he is back under the sofa after his breakfast.
Should I make more effort to pick him up today? He really isn't interested in toys. He is so scared of me

bumblebee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aw, don't worry~ My kitten was terrified at first, too. He hissed for a while when I came home one night from skating, but that might be because he used to be a feral. :p

Anyways, let him wander on his own, and if he comes out, maybe make a slight effort to pick 'im up? /nonhelpfulness

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup he is young enough to lavish attention and hold alot. You figure he has been with his mom and siblings his whole life. Never been aalone probably!

When he is sqawking pick him up by his scruff and hold him to you with a hand on his scruff occasionally tugging lightly. Their momma's scruff them and it makes them happy and secure.

I know people might think i am nuts but I don't care
....i also lick my cats a little on the head and ear.
I swear it does help!
I don't do it alot..maybe once or twice.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sure you know tuna is not a good long-term food, although it won't hurt as the occasional treat or appetite stimulant.

He's just a little animal in a big world, and he's looking for his family. For all he knows, they were all eaten and he is the sole survivor.

Some cats are very "talky." Others are silent. Our Ella, for example, rarely makes a peep.

A feather toy, one with feathers on the end of a string, is a good toy for a cat who may be a little bit afraid of you. It will give him a chance to interact with you, but at a little distance.

purplefizz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah I used the tuna so he knew I was nice! lol He has been sleeping most of the day except when he had something to eat and went to the toilet.
Anyway, I got him out of his carrier about an hour ago and wiggled a plastic straw in front of him! He was sooo scared of it but then he attacked it! Yay! So i've been playing with him for the last 45 mins and he even climbed all over my legs and pawed at my hand
He's gone back under the sofa now, he must be worn out lol. Things are on the up! Woo hoo! Hope he doesn't meow as much tonight.....

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The first kitty we adopted, Lazlo, meowed for three days next to the front door when he first came in with us. He missed his family.

Little by little - he sounds like he's doing great. And spending time down on the floor with him is great.

Laurie

purplefizz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Got up at 5.30am this morning because I hadn't heard Edward all night! I was worried! He hadn't touched his food and I couldn't find him. Then I noticed he had used his litter tray. So I changed his food for chicken flavour, sat on the floor and wiggled a straw(oooh that rhymes) He came strutting out from behind his carrier and attacked the straw! Yay!
He is still weary of hands but will let me touch his paw with my finger....slowly but surely!

Oh, he found the food and ate it all up! I don't think he likes beef kitten food....getting fussy already....

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With Trout, she hid under a lazyboy for a long time. I stuck my finger in and just scritched under her chin for a long time...and then she literally just slowly came prancing out from under the chair...and it was at that point that she became "at home". I bribed her with scritches

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Daphne rarely made a peep when I brought her home. She was petrified. Galahad, on the other hand, never stopped talking the first two weeks here. It has been a few months and he's all settled in. Now he only talks when he wants me to pay attention

purplefizz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A little update....Edward is really coming along. He is starting to come out of his shell now and is getting a bit naughty hee hee. At the moment he is running around the living room and playing with EVERYTHING! He is still weary of my hands but will let me stroke him during play time
He still gets a bit scared when somebody stands up but only for a few seconds. I'm going to start picking him up a bit more often now too so he knows I just want to give him some fuss! He is eating like a horse! Taking him to his first vet appointment next week as I feel he won't be as scared as he was before! Thanks for all your comments and support!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by PurpleFizz

sat on the floor and wiggled a straw(oooh that rhymes)
In most of the English-speaking world, floor and straw do not rhyme!

However, I'm glad to see Edward is settlling in so well.

purplefizz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well floor and straw sounded similar when I was typing it and it made me smile lol

I'm sure I could buy Da Bird from the internet regardless of where I live....I will have a look!