I'm a Nervous Wreck; Could Use Some Vibes

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate waiting for my blood work too. Much rather have it the same day! Keeping the and prayers up that the test results come back okay!

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
your stress will not change anything, have a cup of tea & a cuddle with the closest cat (or DH for that matter)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
your stress will not change anything, have a cup of tea & a cuddle with the closest cat (or DH for that matter)

We always get the results the same day except for the bone marrow tests and ct scans.
Has your husband had any of those done.
DH had a couple of CT scans when he was first diagnosed. Since then, my reading tells me that CTs aren't the best thing for folks with the type of leukemia he has, so I'm going to do my best to see that he doesn't have any more. He hasn't had any bone marrow tests yet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just heard from the lab: DH's numbers didn't drop any in the past month. In fact, his wbc had risen another 5k since then. The dr. still thinks we're still at the "watch & wait" stage, and wants to see DH for his regular appointment next month.
Please, keep the good thoughts coming his way. I was sure the wbc would have dropped, since he had a bronchial infection last month when the labs were done. I don't know what to think now.

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Will definitely keep the and prayers up. Sometimes what seems like big jumps to us just aren't that concerning to the docs. I know my bloodwork looked like a mess this past time - flags on half the things they looked at - but my doctor isn't concerned in the least.

So take heart in the fact that your doctor thinks its "wait and see". And lots of and prayers for you both!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending you some vibes that the blood test stay the same or improve!!