I'm a Mom

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Congratulations for being a "MEOWme" came late...:anon:
BUT really, really, conCATulations for this new goal reach in your life!...:hugs: My prayers for She are good very soon!...:hugs:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh she's grown so much! :clap: That's great news that she is starting to eat from the bottle. :)

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is adorable and so precious!!!!!! Congrats to the new Mom & Dad!!!! (Better let the kitties know they have to share attention now hehehe)

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is doing so well.  It is good she is starting to drink her bottle. A beautiful precious little girl. Many more good health and growing vibes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw her pediatrician this morning. She said that Aimee is doing really good. She is getting some sodium because her sodium was low but it's looking better. They are going to repeat the blood work tomorrow. Aimee will be coming out of the incubator tomorrow. 
 She has to continue to gain weight and take all feeds by bottle and then they will order her car seat test and she can come home once she passes it. The doctor figures it will probably be another week until she is fully bottle fed and then the car seat test will happen within a day or two after. It looks like we should have her home by the weekend before Halloween. I'm not getting my hopes up yet though. I am just glad I am finally starting to hear the exact things that have to happen before she can go home. Until today, it was just "aim for your due date." Now I know what she has to do to be able to come home and that has made me one very happy mom today

The car seat test is where she has to sit in her car seat for 60 minutes and not have her SpO2 drop below 88. If it does, then she has to go for 90 minutes. If it drops again, it's considered a fail and she has to try again in 24 hours. From what I have been told, it is very common for preemies to fail the first time.