im 99% sure my cat is pregnant

chelsi1braylie1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So i noticed about two weeks ago that my cat was puking every time she wate and then now she has a huge stomach, shes trying to lick the fur from around her nipples and her nipples are also HUGE. She has been eatting more but she sleeps alot too. shes actting really weird and so thats why i think shes pregnant but i havnt ever had a cat that was pregnant and have no idea what to do. HELP!

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!  It certainly sounds like your cat is pregnant.  FYI you can spay/abort your cat if you get her in soon.  Either way, a vet visit is a good idea if only to get your vet acquainted with your cat.  It also gives you someone to call if you have immediate questions.

You can read some of the threads in this forum to get an idea of what's coming.  Here are some articles to help you get prepared.

[article="29720"]Pregnancy And Delivery In Cats​[/article]  

[article="31379"]Pregnant Cat What To Prepare For The Birth​[/article]  

There are other articles at the top of this forum to read as well.

Keep using this thread for any questions or concerns you may have.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chelsi1braylie1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So my cat is pregnant. She's around 60 days pregnant so not much time left. She's getting so big and made me pick her up and put her on the couch today. She was in the habit of getting out when she was in heat, the last time she got out I didn't think she was in heat as she didn't show any signs as usual. I guess it was a silent heat because within the next few days she will be having kittens.. she's calico and the dad is either a orange tabby, or a brown with white and black stripes tabby.. and they are both mixed with maine coon. So I'm interested in seeing what the kittens look like

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure what happened to my post, but I can repeat!

Now is definitely the time to get prepared. You will need a small scale to weigh the kittens every day and make sure they are growing. You also need powdered kmr (powdered by PetAg is best) and a needleless syringe in case you need to supplement.

You also need to set up nests for mom in dark, quiet areas. A closet with the door open is best. Mom should have constant access to dry kitten food, and several meals of wet kitten food per day. She should also have fresh water and a litter box nearby.

Mom can get pregnant again within a week of delivery, so she must stay 100% inside and away from intact males until she can be spayed. It's not healthy for a cat to have multiple heat cycles or pregnancies.

We'd love to see photos!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

chelsi1braylie1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat finally went into labor this morning. Seems to be doing well.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has she had any kittens yet?

Do you have nests set up?

Can you keep her inside and away from intact males until the kittens are weaned and she can be spayed?