I'll help sfell and share what went wrong on my wedding day?

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did the stupidest thing I have ever heard of. The man I really wanted went in the Navy and "left" me so I decided I would show him. I found the person he hated the most and married him. As if that weren't bad enough, the 1st guy called during the reception at my parents house. I couldn't even bring myself to tell him I had just married the one person he most couldn't stand. I got so upset, I sneaked out of my reception, dress, flowers and all, went to a bar and drank shots of Southern Comfort until I passed out face down in my bouquet! I got home from my Saturday wedding about Tuesday. Needless to say, that one didn't last long. He only married me to have a place to live, so it was no great loss to either of us. Believe it or not, this story actually has a happy ending. I have spent the past 16 years happily unmarried to the 1st guy. And I learned a hard lesson about spite!

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! That story's better than "My Best Friend's Wedding" with Julia Roberts and what's his face...
Whew!
You must've been an emotional wreck...poor thing. Well, I hope someone resuced you witha a big hug to start off with!

Love & Best Wishes,
Cat

donna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I met my (ex) husband in a bar in Hartford. I had been engaged to another man who had a violent temper. I broke it off and began seeing Peter. We went to this bar every single weekend and I thought I was in love. At the age of 19, you think you know everything. So, we decided that we'd live together. My father, being VERY conservative, said "No daughter of mine is going to live in sin." What did I do? I married him. I only knew him for 7 months. My mom passed away the year before and my Dad was seeing a blonde bimbo who later turned into my stepmonster. Six months after he made that remark, my father moved in with HIS girlfriend. But that is another story entirely.

Anyway, Peter had dated one of the bar maids at the bar for a while (a real ho). We planned the wedding which would be very small (only his parents who wore black to the wedding, my father, who, unbeknownst to me, invited his bimbo and her 8 year old daughter, and the attendants). My mom's side of the family threw me a bridal shower at which time my mother-in-law got totally drunk (she's dead now, but at the time she was a real alcoholic) and insulted my aunts.

I arrived at the church on time only to be asked by the priest "What are you doing here??" Puzzled, I told him I was getting married. He proceeded to tell me that I had called the day before and cancelled the wedding. Turns out, "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" it was his old girlfriend that called claiming to be me, cancelling the wedding. Things went okay from then on, except for one MINOR detail. The rest of my family was furious that they were not invited. When it came time to show them the wedding pictures, I had to take out all the pictures that showed my father with his bimbo girlfriend or I'd never hear the end of it. To this day my family still doesn't know that "Babs" was there.

My dress was cheap ($35 back in 1974), we had no wedding cake or honeymoon. I was divorced 4 years and a daughter later. Never looked back.

If had to do it over again, I would've waited till I was 30 to get married.

Sfell, I wish you alot of love and happiness. Your fiance' sounds like a true gem.

Donna

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Donna, well that sure confirms Love is Blind!:laughing2

Jeeeeeez! What a mess. I hope things are much calmer in your life now!

Love,
Cat

donna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cat,

Absolutely. The only man I let walk all over me and get away with it is a cat.

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:laughing2::LOL::laughing2::LOL::laughing2 Good point! :LOL: Such are the most simple things in life...joy, joy, joy!

Cat