If your cat is jumping on you to wake up..

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
If your cat is jumping on the bed, jumping on you, licking your face, nudging you.. just.. wake up.

This morning, Monet was doing just that. I did scold him and kicked him off the bed (not literally kicked..) and turned over, went back to bed. But he was being persistant for however long it was, half an hour? and will not give up. So I finally looked at the clock.. Holy crud, I was LATE for my early shift at work!

He KNEW when I had to get up for my early shifts (normally I get up at 7 am.. this morning I had to get up at 4!). He knew I had to be up, I swear it wasn't for the food. He never, ever wakes me up, not even if I sleep in on the weekends. Never. I feel bad for yelling at him!

Forget alarm clocks. trust the cat to wake you.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Mouse never gets me up in the mornings usually, but weird that he did today!  Bouncing about like he'd found another rodent - which thankfully he hadn't, and almost landed on my head a couple of times.  No ticking off or 'booting out' from me, and he did settle again after about 10 minutes or so, but why today?   I had a day off and a nice sleep in planned. 
   @Draco  your Monet is a much better trained kitty than Mouse. 
(I do wonder if there was somethin weird at work around the world today though).

star2000dancer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, we're in the middle of a 4 red full moon cycle over 2 years., April had a blue moon, and 2 eclipses I believe..  Where are our hearts, angels, and stuf we use to have to post?f?  Anyway,, hearts and smiles.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Hmmm, does make me think.   I am pleased to report that Mouse was back to his calm and restful self this morning and lay on the end of my bed until I was ready to get up. Actually he kept laying there for a little while even after he'd had his usual morning cuddles from me before he decided it was time for a bit of a stretch and a few biscuits for breakfast.  Hopefully these sun and moon phases won't affect his again tomorrow either. 

@star2000dancer  if you post from a phone I don't think you get the emotions in the same way as PC user so that might explain it..

star2000dancer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi MServant,

Thanks, but I don't post from a phone.  Why, do they still have the emotions and I'm missing them?

Thanks for the wake up tip.  The Momma of the abandoned kits goes crazy on me sometimes.  She sure knows how to get her way, LOL!

I think she's trying to train me.  ;)

meuzettesmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Meuzette sneezes in my face as I sleep when she wants me up in the morning, If you roll over she follows and sneezes again.
Mean while the others start in.
If I sleep too late they send in the fat cat Caz to walk on my bladder.
Jill.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Meuzette sneezes in my face as I sleep when she wants me up in the morning, If you roll over she follows and sneezes again.
Jill.

Nice bunch you have there!  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Jill.
I snickered and laughed at this!

They always know to walk on the bladder, it gets you up faster!

rachelinaz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Uh oh... our cats never wake us up... ever. No matter how late we might sleep. Crazy huh? Seems like they sleep a lot but Mew at the oldest is at most, 10 weeks old. Elsie and Ana are 8 weeks old. So still pretty young huh?
They DO play at night in the living room. But dh agrees with me, they sleep 2x more than they play/are awake.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Uh oh... our cats never wake us up... ever. No matter how late we might sleep. Crazy huh? Seems like they sleep a lot but Mew at the oldest is at most, 10 weeks old. Elsie and Ana are 8 weeks old. So still pretty young huh?
They DO play at night in the living room. But dh agrees with me, they sleep 2x more than they play/are awake.
Still young, so beware increases in stamina. 
  Make sure you tire them out LOTS before your bed time and don't respond to early breakfast time snacks even once!  It is really rare for my boy to wake me up but I know I am very lucky that he doesn't.

rachelinaz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I re-thought about it and they are younger than I thought... 《scared look》by 2 weeks, I guess I thought we had them longer... all 3 of them.

Luckily, we are going to put them in the room my niece is vacating in a couple weeks, so if needed... we have a spare room for nights.

MS your skeeering me. ;)

Still young, so beware increases in stamina. :lol3:   Make sure you tire them out LOTS before your bed time and don't respond to early breakfast time snacks even once!  It is really rare for my boy to wake me up but I know I am very lucky that he doesn't.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I re-thought about it and they are younger than I thought... 《scared look》by 2 weeks, I guess I thought we had them longer... all 3 of them.

Luckily, we are going to put them in the room my niece is vacating in a couple weeks, so if needed... we have a spare room for nights.

MS your skeeering me.
Oh, the poor little babies being seperated from their mum when so little. No wonder they're sleeping lots and not up all night yet!  Make sure and keep them warm where ever they are going to spend their nights.  It is good they have each other to cuddle up with too.  They might also like some soft toys of a similar size and soft balnkets they can suckle and knead on like they would their mum.   Give it 3 or 4 more weeks and I am sure they will have you trained up so your stamina for kitten play is in keeping with theirs as they get bigger.  Hopefully if you establish a night time routine with them now, offering comfort and warmth when they only have each other for company so they don't get too upset, then you will have young cats that understand that you do not appreciate night time hunting and playing the same way that they do!

rachelinaz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I thought we had them 3+ weeks and dh said we have had them under 2 weeks. Foster dad said Mew was 8ish weeks old when we got her, she couldn't be more than 10 weeks old at most.

Ana and Elise were at most, 6 weeks old. They had just started wet foods when we got the girls. So they would be 8 weeksish now. They eat both dry and wet.
I know different breeds are bigger or smaller but Mew is 2x as big as the girls.

Oh, the poor little babies being seperated from their mum when so little. No wonder they're sleeping lots and not up all night yet!  Make sure and keep them warm where ever they are going to spend their nights.  It is good they have each other to cuddle up with too.  They might also like some soft toys of a similar size and soft balnkets they can suckle and knead on like they would their mum.   Give it 3 or 4 more weeks and I am sure they will have you trained up so your stamina for kitten play is in keeping with theirs as they get bigger.  Hopefully if you establish a night time routine with them now, offering comfort and warmth when they only have each other for company so they don't get too upset, then you will have young cats that understand that you do not appreciate night time hunting and playing the same way that they do!

Luckily, we are going to put them in the room my niece is vacating in a couple weeks, so if neede

Still young, so beware increases in stamina. :lol3:   Make sure you tire them out LOTS before your bed time and don't respond to early breakfast time snacks even once!  It is really rare for my boy to wake me up but I know I am very lucky that he doesn't.