If you had to guess, what would you say happened here?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow Kellye.......I can't imagine it not breaking glass.........

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say it was a earthquake, but we are on TCS so I will say there was a cat in heat and a male outside willing to give it up and she wanted out

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That stinks LO I did not scroll because I did not want to read the other peoples guesses and yet when I read after I post it was told
Lightning I never would of guess it

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Wow, I missed all of this. That is a scary picture, I was trying to have a few guesses but lighting!!? Wow! That is some scary stuff. I'm so glad it wasn't worse and they didn't have to deal with a burnt down house, and I'm glad they weren't in at the time.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow...that's really scary...and I'm already afraid of lightning. When I was a kid, I was sleeping at a friend's house. We were in sleeping bags in their living room, and it was storming outside. Lightning hit the big picture window in the room we were in, and glass shattered everywhere. Fortunately, we were all scrunched down in our sleeping bags, so nobody was cut by the flying glass.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My last workplace was burnt to the ground from a lightening strike. It hit 20 minutes after the last person left for the day.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CommonOddity042

We're getting a doozy of a storm right now. Tornado watch until 11 pm. I took advantage of a lull.
Just be careful!

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CommonOddity042

We're getting a doozy of a storm right now. Tornado watch until 11 pm. I took advantage of a lull.
Take it easy. I hope you stay OK. Board the winds from wind NM board them from lightning. Man I am going to be freaking out at the next storm.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh that is scary! And DH laughs when I go around unpluging computers! He thinks surge protectors will protect them. I'm not so sure about that!

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Oh that is scary! And DH laughs when I go around unpluging computers! He thinks surge protectors will protect them. I'm not so sure about that!
I am the same way. I would rather be too safe then sooooooo screwed..

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, they're screwed in one way, but in another way it's going to work to their advantage..........the insuance is replacing thier kitchen, appliances, etc. That's what got the worst damage. In the other rooms, it was just all the pictures were jiggled off the walls........she is kind of excited that she gets the kitchen she wants and new stuff!

lucinda

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

No, you are right! A strong enough strike WILL go through the protectors!

Makes me glad I live in "sunny" California. Well, right now it is Soggy California! We don't get REAL weather here.
Well, OK, so one day we are gonna fall in the ocean....

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohhh, let's hope you don't fall into the ocean!!

Well, it looks like Debi is going to get new electrical throughout her house and a brand new kitchen, all new appliances, etc. She is actually happy this happened!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well I'm glad she did find a silver lining to that! Hmmmm.....no, my house is made of too much metal. That wouldn't help me. I guess I'll just have to wait for a real house.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's amazing that lightning was able to throw that much stuff around.
I'm still assuming my expensive power bar would save my computer from frying in that situation though.

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, that is surprising, you wouldnt think a lightning strike would do that! I have to admit it does look like a kitty got mad his hooman gave him a bath, and went haywire. Or all our kitties from TCS got together and had one wild party but couldnt find the catnip and had a full kitchen search!

lucinda

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sanctie

Wow, that is surprising, you wouldnt think a lightning strike would do that! I have to admit it does look like a kitty got mad his hooman gave him a bath, and went haywire. Or all our kitties from TCS got together and had one wild party but couldnt find the catnip and had a full kitchen search!
I forgot to put my guess. I thought maybe they were stupid enough to leave their Basenji home alone OR just got a PitBull puppy!

also, I worked at a computer shop with a guy who was a retired electrician and he was the one who told me about the surge protectors not protecting if it is a really big strike. He had seen it happen.

OK, if this rain keeps up we (california) may just become one huge mud slide and slip into the ocean. Too bad I don't have Turkish Swimming cats!

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always remember my mom being a nut when we had electrical storms, we used to make fun of her, how dumb we are when were young, but she was just over board with it. Turn off that t.v, get off the phone, get away from the windows, your going to take a shower? what are you a fool! Well when she was a kid her step mother had been doing dishes and the lightning came through some how, not real sure how that happens, but she got burned real bad and required surgury. I don't think it did damage or much damage to the house or any thing but she was hurt pretty bad. Then a woman she worked with was on the phone to some one in another state, and they were having an electrical storm, the phone line was struck and it blow up her co-workers phone, from another state. I had always thought she was making it up or exaderating, but after seeing the mess it made, I will be a bit more respectful to lightning!

Oh and I had thought it was a raccoon or bear.