If you had to give it up...

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
CAR. Hands down. It would sometimes be inconvenient, but it would definitely be survivable -- the rest would be a much greater sacrifice, if possible at all.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our dishwasher- i wash most of my dishes by hand anyways- i lived for 20 years without one, so having one now is WEIRD to me

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't have a car, dryer or dishwasher, and i'm not living without the fridge!. I couldn't choose washing machine, because i need clean clothes!

tnkittymom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cairo

Dishwasher is the only one on that list that is not a necessity for me. I'd rather have it, but if I had to choose, I could hand wash my dishes.
I agree with this, so I voted dishwasher. As a matter of fact, ours just died and we haven't replaced it yet.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I'd like to see if I can live with out TV for a year. In fact, I'm now limiting myself on it. I've realized that I watch way too much and that it doesn't leave time for other things.

EDIT: In my defense Suzie hadn't put up the poll when I was doing my post.
It's possible. I didn't have a television from about 1982 to 1990. A guy I was dating loved TV and couldn't believe it and brought a portable one over to my home so he could watch TV when he came over.
The only time I watched it was when he was there, the rest of the time I just dusted it.

During those years I did all kinds of other things like read, craft, go out, listen to music ... TBH I never missed tv.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Easily the dishwasher - everything else I need!

I could easily give up the tv as well if that was included - I rarely watch it as it is!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love my car (although, I've lived without driving it for a year & a half now... it is in the "project stage", and we have a daily driver instead). I definitely need a fridge. I CANNOT stand to wash dishes, but I can deal with going to a laundromat (used to all the time when I was 13-15, the well at the house we lived in didn't have enough water to support more than 2-3 loads a week).

So I could totally deal without a washer/dryer.