If you had a million dollars...

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would start by paying the rent on my apartment for the next few years so I wouldn'th ave to worry about that month-to-month. Then, I would open a savings account and put a hefty sum in there that was designated specifically for paying for my master's degree and PhD. I would get a new car, probably a pretty nice one, like a BMW or something and use that as my daily driver. I wouldn't buy a house because I don't plan on doing that until I'm at least near being married, so I can go into it with my future husband. Plus, I don't plan on staying in Orlando forever so buying a nice house here wouldn't make sense for me. I'd probably buy myself some new clothes and I'd definitely go on a trip to Fiji for a couple of weeks with Brendan and a couple of our closest friends (it just so happens that his closest friends are both dating two of my closest friends, so it works out nicely). Most of the money; however, would go into various mutual funds and be left to grow there. I would also probably invest in just a few bonds (a couple of safe ones like utilities and a couple of riskier municipal ones) to make sure I've got pretty good diversification. I'd keep working with my investments and let them grow so that I would end up with a good amount of earnings.

That sure would be nice!

winwin

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Very likely get a little nicer house, to please Betty, not me, for I could be happy in a cave as long as I have her, but I get the feeling that she would be a little happier with maybe 2,500 sq' instead of the 1,500 we have now.

That's about it, I might get a new 4-wheeler for my grandson so I would have someone to go riding with me, but then my parasitical children would start screaming, ME TOO ! ! ME TOO ! !, and I would find that a little hard to handle.

Leonard.

alexa

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like this question!

I'd invest a lot of it so that there'd be a million forever
... or at least so that we could retire early.

First, I'd buy my family whatever they wanted. Then I'm guessing we would give up our current jobs and go off traveling around the world. We'd still camp and "rough it" - that's part of the fun - but not having to worry about running out of money soon would be great.

Once we'd been everywhere we wanted to visit, we'd maybe buy a house somewhere near water, with a bit of land so that we could have horses, dogs and cats!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

I spend the half in organizated a TCS Reunion
I always love your posts, CoolCat, but this one is the best! It would be great to all meet up somewhere together, wouldn't it!

If I had a million dollars, I would level my house and start over! I would build a beautiful house to replace it. Or give it to a friend, and start over on a new piece of land in the same school district!

Then pay off all the bills, buy new cars, including a 69 Mustang for dh (or is it a 67?). College for all 4 kids. Some cash to each of my siblings, to share the wealth. And research a good charity that helps the people of Africa, whether the Sudan or elsewhere. Send about $100,000 to them!

I would love to quit my job and travel, but I might be over budget by now!

Fun question, Jenny!

eatrawfish

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'd pay off my student loans and pay back my BF what I owe him for our last vacation.

I'm with those others in SoCal, houses here are a tad expensive so I'd get a nice down payment, but I don't think I'd buy it outright.

Then maybe I'd open an Animal Sanctuary for Companion animals. I'd like a way to make money though... I'd have to think about it hard, but I'd want to start some sort of Non-Profit involved in animal welfare.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm thrilled you guys like this question!
These anwsers are really cool!