If You Get Any Supplies Online; Or Medications From Drs. Foster And Smith --

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just saw news, Drs. Foster and Smith is closing. 289 people will be out of work. Final day is Feb 12.

If you get meds from them, for any of your pets, you need to find another source.

If you need any product other than meds, keep an eye on their website, there 'may' be some good deals to come.

This is so sad. That was a great company; and the first that I knew of, to get the VIIP certification for their pharmacy. I did not know PetCo bought the company in 2015; so it is PetCo that has made this decision to close them down.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We bought our cat trees and a scratcher that looks like a bow tie from them. We'll have to order spares before they close.

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That is a shame. I really like Foster and Smith and order from their catalogs quite often. The catalogs will still continue, thankfully.
I hope this is true! They are already out of stock on a lot of things and closed down their reptile section, their small Animal section is almost gone, and their bird supplies are on clearance also. So really curious what the future holds.

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A friend of mine called today.

"I decided to call and the rep I spoke with today told me that the website will probably be gone by Feb. 12th. There is no definitive decision which products Petco will carry over from Drs. F & S. The only part of Drs. F & S that will still exist is the LiveAquaria."

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't buy a lot from them, but it is sad to see another retailer close. There are so many small retailers that are being bought and then closed down by bigger companies. Fewer choices. And I am not fond of PetCo - here PetSmart has better selection and pricing.

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have to drive 45 mins to get to a PetSmart and 1.5 hours to get to a Petco, so online is pretty much how I can do pet stuff beyond the standard stuff at Wal-Mart. So definitely hurts when a place like this goes belly up

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, this kinda sucks. I liked the site for smaller purchases because orders only have to be $19 for free shipping. I just ordered a bag of dog food when they had their 40% off sale a couple weeks ago and if they really do have good closing sales I might be able to stock up on enough dog food to last me most of the year.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
This is very sad. Ive ordered some of their signature cat litter at black friday time because someone was raving about it..and now with Pumps gone I've not opened it yet. But I may order some more. Chewy is pretty good with prices but dr fosters has meds and other supportive supplies for sick cats that were priced reasonable. Sad for sure. Hate to hear of anyone lossing their job.