MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Purse/phone
Hard drive (lots of pictures on there)
Filing box
Engagement ring/grandmas ring
Cat food

i think that's it. when we move house i'm keeping the pet carrier near by just in case. we need a fire plan in the new suburb

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, I'm a sentimental freak, so I'd probably go for:

The wall of pictures/frames (I count that as one, since I'd basically snatch them all while standing in one place, lol)

My Breyers (there's only three, but I just love them soooooo much, especially Ruffian and Big Ben). They're replaceable, though, so I might skip over them if the emergency actually happened.

My Big Ben poster, autographed by Ian Millar and Fred Stone

I also have a massive collection of VHS tapes from the horse races and show jumping competitions that I've taped, and I'd definitely want to take those. But I'd have to find a box first and throw them all in, and then run around finding the tapes that are scattered in various places (some upstairs, some downstairs, some in the pantry, some in a spare room, etc.). I also would want to save some of the stuff I have from my pets as babies (Jake's first collar has been peed on and pooped on by the cats, and thus smells horrible even though I've washed it several times, but I can't bear to throw it out). And, of course, the sentimental "shrine" stuff I have from Grizzly, a cat that disappeared some years ago, I would hate to leave that stuff behind.

Of course, if a disaster actually happens, I might find it's easy to just run for safety and forget everything. It depends on the severity of the disaster, though, lol (if things aren't falling down and crashing around me, I might try to salvage a thing or to, lol)

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was going to post something similar the other day, but forgot to. Only I was going to limit the choice to just one thing.

For me it would be:

My box of pictures
My jewellery box (my Mom's jewellery is in it)
My sewing machine (again it was my mother's and it means a great deal to me)
My purse (ID, money etc)

Everything else can be replaced. Those first 3 items have special meaning to me and money can't replace them.

Oh, and my Dyson Animal Vacuum! I just got that sucker and it cost me the balance of my airmiles! LOL

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not counting people and animals (assuming they are out of the house):

1. My Bible

2. My Teddy Bear (which I finally found at mom's house this past week). He was given to me when I was 6 months old and we plan on putting him in a glass enclosure to be sure he doesn't deterioriate any more.

3. Purse (cause it has the keys in it

4. As many pictures of family as I can

5. Mitten's Morris Trophy

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Obviously, my furbabies would be first, then:

1) My photos & photo albums - especially the ones of my son,
granddaughter, & furbabies
2) My purse, b/c it has all my identification & important stuff
3) As many clothes as I could
4) My jewelry
5) The computer & WebTV box, b/c I have sentimental stuff stored in them

~KK~

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Oh, and my Dyson Animal Vacuum! I just got that sucker and it cost me the balance of my airmiles! LOL
It's not a funny topic, but that made me laugh!

I think there are a number of TCSers that could be seen hauling the Dyson out of the flames, THEN going back in for the (fill in the blank!)

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Assuming all of the furbabies were safe and sound out of harms way.

1. My fiance
2. my photo album
3. my purse - it's got all my important things in it
4. my medicine/clothes/documents ....necessities i'm able to grab
5. my phone/laptop

If i'm only able to save what's most important though - it'd be Colin and our animals- the rest is just not as important