If money no object, how would you feed your cat?

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

althekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have to say that I may consider kitty having it too!!! I will just tell dear bf that his is also, even though it may not be
. Thanks for the links, I will def have a look. I really feel a lot happier about this now. I was quite anxious about his food and now I feel I have found something that I can be confident about! I am going to really enjoy preparing his food that will keep him healthy all through his life. He will eat just as nature intended! Thanks so much for all your help and advice. I am now happy that I am taking control of this rather than fretting and I am so pleased. My huge thanks.

j fred muggs

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
to sound self serving, but mean it. what ever the doc says is best
and maybe some raw fish a mouse [sorry] but yes.... what ever the doc says
i would love a little tender mouse with perhaps a hint of cat nip, and a goldfish for dessert................mmmmmeommwwwww

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Althekitty

So, to reiterate, do some feed dry as it is cheaper? If money was no object how would you feed your cat? Thank you.
One of my cats has to eat 100% wet due to severe food allergies, and since we can't afford to feed them both wet the other gets a high quality grain-free dry.

That being said, if money were no object they would both get fresh raw, pre-made raw, and occasionally grain free wet. The reason I didn't say they'd get all fresh raw is just due to the convenience of the others.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If money was no issue kitty would have a personal chef fixing her fresh whole food raw like wild caught salmon twice a day with organic olive oil mixed with other choice ingredients for a homemade snack added in the middle of the feedings of course, or two snacks. A vet would make sure kitty has a balanced diet on top of that. I like the idea of feeding raw.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine are already homemade raw fed, so I don't think I'd change their diet.

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pre-made raw....

but as far as easy-to-find foods, it would be:

Wet food only (the brands that my cats will eat that I like the ingredients for are Natural Balance, Avoderm, and Chicken Soup. They don't like most grain-free wet foods).
A tiny bit of dry food too as a snack (Wellness CORE).

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure I would change mine to be honest, they get mainly wet and quality dry - they could get a grain free dry, but they do well on what they have. Would prefer Zi to have more wet, but that is her choice - she didn't touch wet before coming here at the age of 17, so I am happy with anything she does eat!! Would be nice to be able to afford to feed the fosters the same quality wet, but that is really the only thing.