If I get one more hang up call

mskitty666

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Believe it or not when I move here 4 1/2 years ago, the phone was a source of torture! After finding out that a former creditor had placed an account closed for several years to a collection agency and I started getting nuisance calls I took action. Make sure that you get your credit report free every year. The FTC has the appropriate info on their site. Have your phone number removed if it is listed on your credit report. Dispute any errorneous collections activity. Sign up on the do not call list. Here's some technology for you. I have a device called the InTeleScreener. It seems the company is now out of business, but my phone doesn't even ring unless I want it to. I can choose to block a call based on name number or area code. My screen list lists numbers of people that are allowed to ring my phone. I can even have it block with sit tones then disconnect.I love this thing and when it dies I will have to purchase this http://person-to-person.net/ . I actually bought this at the same time as the intelescreener and sent it back. Personal preference, but it did work and I will use it if I get another phone line or when my intelescreener dies. It may seem expensive but after 2 years of calls for someone who was long gone, bill collectors looking for other people, political lobbyists who were given my number by the previous owner etc. it is worth every penny. These devices are ideal for cordless expandable systems and since my phone line can forward when no answer, blocked callers who really need to speak to us and can wait the six rings, transfer and extra long greeting can leave a message in my voicemail.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I asked hubby this morning if he gave our number out to anyone. He said yes that he did give our number to a woman at work (his does car stuff on the side). And that when he gave her our number she said she would be afraid to call because she was afraid that I would freak out about a woman calling. I told him to tell her that if she calls again she better say who she is because if not I am gonna be really ticked off and she won't like what I have to say. It sounds mean but I can't stand when people hang up without saying anything.

mskitty666

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's not mean at all. A reasonable person would announce they have the wrong number or assume if someone gives you a number to call, their spouse won't have a problem. When I get a lot of nuisance calls or have checked suspicious numbers in my caller id to find they belong to marketers ,I pick up and say "Who is this and what the h*** do you want?". A phone is an entry into the sanctity of your home. Someone calling and hanging up repeatedly is the same as someone ringing your doorbell then hiding. There's no such thing as mean when dealing with a nuisance.