If cats could speak..

kkh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This morning, around 8am.

I woke up after feeling usual furry-paw pat-pat on my face.
(she already woke me up at "the usual time" and got fed)
I thought it may be her litter - walked to check her litter - nothing.

I walked into kitchen, checked her food & water bowls as well - nothing special.
I didn't know what it was...I looked around.
Saw Ku Ku sphynxing and staring at something but I couldn't quite see what she was staring at. I put my glass on & walked up to see if there's anything wrong.

Me: Anything wrong, baby?
Ku Ku: (silence)
Me: (discovered this tiny roach few feet away from her) OMG, a roach!
Get it, baby, Get it!

Ku Ku: (first looked at roach, then looked up & saw my face, repeatedly looked up & down...)
Me: What are you waiting for, Ku Ku? Get it, get it!
Ku Ku: (didn't even move at all. Gave me a kind of look)
Me: What's wrong with you, Ku Ku? Get it for me, get it!
Ku Ku: (still sphyinxing - acting as if there's a sign "I AM CURRENTLY OFF DUTY, HAVE A NICE DAY" posted on her face)

While this tiny roach was motionless in front of Ku Ku, I had to get a kleenex & pick it up to dispose it. I still praised her for detecting it, though.

Me: ...thank you for detecting it for me, baby...

As soon as I said this, Ku Ku stood up and stretched, as if she's saying "of course, I left it for you to catch, hope you enjoyed it. Aahhh...finally it's gone."

This is not the first time she did this to me, though.
Seems she does not (or is not feeling like?) catch or chase anything in the morning...maybe she is not in "the hunting mode" until evening?

ink

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sasha: "Um hello, I'm hungry and you haven't fluffed my food yet. Oh and I am thirsty but there might be hair in my water and I couldn't possibly drink water with a hair in it, it must be changed out."

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
4am, I know the meows, the pats to the head, the wandereing around the bed.
I used to keep an arsenal of balled up socks to throw at a former cat who was relentless with meowing at the bedroom door. Now before you think me cruel for throwing things at an old cat they were socks, soft fluffy socks and good luck aiming at 4am half asleep, even if one did connect she looked at me like "That all ya got? food food food food........"

esrandall2000

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 3CatsN1Dog

**I must have good kitties because noone dares wake us up at 4 am...Someone would be getting a pillow winged at them!! lol**
I would say that you have remarkable kitties and I just don't have the heart to throw a pillow at Whimsey. He gets cut extra slack since he has IBD and I never discourage him from eating because during flareups he refuses to eat thereby adding extra gray hair to his mom's head!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If my cats could speak their morning would consists of complaints of being jostled and stepped on (by another cat). They sleep in, I have lazy cats.

As for the rest of the time. I'm pretty sure we'd have to censor Sherman and Tomas, they're complaints sound naughty enough in meows.

lvh01

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Tetley: "Mom! Mom! Mom mom mom mom MOM! Iz 9:45!"

Me: "… You can wait 15 more minutes... I'm still working."

Tetley: *taps my face with his paw* "PAI ATTENSHUN 2 ME. Im hungry! Iz almost tiem 4 bed! I live on tight schedule, if u doan put me 2 bed nao I wont has enough tiem 2 scratch mah scratchin post before I go 2 sleep at egsaktly 10:00!"

Me: "... Wait 15 minutes."

Tetley: *proceeds to smack me repeatedly with his paw* "I WANTS COOKIEZ NAO. FED ME, U SILLY WOMAN."

Pekoe: *watching nonchalantly from the doorway to the bedroom before hubby and I wake up* "… I wants fresh watr frum the tap... No, I doan meen fresh watr in mah bowl. Im 2 gud 4 mah bowl. Needz 2 drink the watr directly frum the tap. Nao. Oh, an fud wud be nice 2. U shud git up immediately an fed me. I knoe iz 5:00am... Ask me if I care."

ink

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by esrandall2000

I would say that you have remarkable kitties and I just don't have the heart to throw a pillow at Whimsey. He gets cut extra slack since he has IBD and I never discourage him from eating because during flareups he refuses to eat thereby adding extra gray hair to his mom's head!
Nobody wakes me up that early either.

jimanuel12

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Foofy Cat Lady

If my cats could speak, this is what this morning would sound like. Can you guess which one is seven weeks old and which is seven years old?

Miku: Smell my nose. SMELL MY NOSE. Isn't it awesome? It smells like NOSE. Look, there's a box! Let's eat it!
George: You do that. I'm going to lick my paws.
Miku: BOX BOX BOX! George, why aren't you helping me? Smell my nose! It smells like BOX!
George: Talk to the paw. *bonk*
Miku: You want a piece of this? I'll mess you up real good! Oh look, there's a box. BOX BOX BOX. I'm boxing a box!

What would your cats say?
i think sometimes she can talk, we just can't understand her yet.
OK, here i am, under the covers, they can't see me, even though my tail is sticking out.
ok, now i am in attack mode, let me get that hand trying to make up the bed ----- gotta ya!!!!!!
ok, back under the covers to hide, they will never find me here!!!

silverandzephyr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Silver: (7 Month Male) *bats* Zeffie!! OMG ZEFFFIIIIEEE! It's 3 am!!! LET'S KNOCK THINGS OVER! Loudly.
Zephyr: (4 month female)Why..?
Silver: It's funny to make the people think strange people broke in. They yell and swear and chase and it's ever so much fun!
Zephyr: Okay. I'm going to go sleep under the bed. Call me when you're medicated.
Silver: NOOOOO!!! PLAYPLAYPLAY!!! *tackles and bites*
Zephyr :*swears loudly and scratches silver*
DH: Do we want to know what they're doing?
Me: No...I'll go check...