Ideas on breed

loribeth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know but he's a lucky kitty!  I suppose most strays & shelter cats are such a mix you can never really know ...some M Coon maybe?  I'm far from an expert but he/she sure is a cutie. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missijean

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah that's what I was thinking.
I had a friend who said he look a bit like a savannah (not the colouring) in his build - long back legs, big ears (and his growl) etc, which worried me because Savannah cats are illegal where I live and get put down. I didn't want to take him to a vet to find out for that reason lol.
I'm glad someone else doesn't think so lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missijean

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry to add - I wouldn't have thought for a second he would be a pure-bred - just wanted to see if anyone thought he had any wild lol.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sorry to add - I wouldn't have thought for a second he would be a pure-bred - just wanted to see if anyone thought he had any wild lol.
Nay, no reasonable vet would think so.    They may perhaps  being friendly and kind say he is somewhat Maine Coon look alike, but that is it.    :)

Be happy with your sweet beautie!

It reminds me a little of an old joke.  A guest in a restaurant asks the waiter:   "Do you have meat from wild ducks?"  Waiter  answers: "Nay, to be honest, we dont have. But we can take a tame duck and make her so angry so she gots really wild"

Good luck!