Ideas for new appartment

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Fwan!! Congratulations on the move!

As far as colours are concerned... you can do pretty much anything you like - but what you have to take into account is how big the rooms are and where the windows are. White is very stark and clinical, so just off-whites, pastel shades or even strong but bright colours can work. We've got bright yellow in our livingroom and that works pretty well. Stick to warmer colours, things with hints of red, yellow and certain shades of purple/lilac can be very effective. Mind you, if you find there is a room that is very small, paint it a shade of blue. Blue makes a room look bigger because it receeds from the eye. Reds draw the walls closer (hence the warm/cold colour theory) If you find that a colour is maybe a little darker than you wanted it, you can still make it look brighter simply by hanging a mirror opposite a window. That bounces the natural light around the room and makes it look brighter than it really is

Send piccies!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hehe no worries, im not painting the whole house, im just testing out my arty skills which i should have done with this appartment..

well i will post pictures of what i mean. once im done with the house.

Im going to paint the bathroom bright green i think, unless if i remember correctly the bathroom is actually blue.
i will not have blue walls in any of the house unless i have a baby which is a boy or the bathroom.

I may have to paint the kitchen again although she has done it in one of my favourite colours not long ago.. it has to all fit with the kitchen i will buy.. (which is yet i have no idea!)
Thanks for the ideas guys, i hope it works out

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

I think Teufel is going to have fun climbing on the wall unit/home entertainment center.
i have been looking at buying that one for a while, but i hope teufel wont ruin it