Ideas for Ferals without much Hope

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whispern'cats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Read this in one of our local papers and then I went an read the original article which is this link. The replies to the article are very similar to the mentality of the people who live where I am also. Alma is a little over an hour away from me, near Rochester MN. Thought I would post the link.

http://www.winonadailynews.com/artic...02cats0113.txt

Sometimes I have to take a deep breath and be greatful that I am not like those people. Things are just really different where I live and slow to change.

whispern'cats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, understand that it is free. I went and read about them, thank you. Will contact them.

katie=^..^=

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so happy you're not like those people too. I hope the TNR people prevail.

It sounds like you are moving ahead with some of the ideas posted. Thank you for taking care of the little cats, in spite of your financial and health problems.

whispern'cats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here is their response. It was worth a try.

Hello Lisa,

Thank you for your interest in the Animal Ark and our feral cat program. Unfortunately we can not travel out of state for this program as our vet is only licensed to practice in Minnesota.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

----------------
Animal Ark
http://www.animalarkshelter.org
(651) 772-8983

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, "discouragement" is a word too many of us have to becom familiar with.

BUT - on the bright side - you're going to file for 501 3C status! That's fabulous.
It will help.

Thinking about you and hoping something affordable turns up soon - it'd be nice to not have all those extra kittens around - not that they aren't cute and adorable.

Laurie

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i am now trying in my rural area to start a TNR program, I know the owner
of the local feed store here, I cut his son's hair! I'm sure this helps somewhat, but this evening I went there to buy some cat food and started talking to him about what I was trying to start, after he saw the trap I purchased there about a month ago in the trunk of my car, while he loaded the cat food up! I continued to talk about TNR while I was paying and I asked if he would consider giving me a discount on the traps, if and when I get this thing going! Guess what? He called me over to where the traps where set up as display, and said, I may not donate alot but here is another trap for your efforts!!!!!!
I said , 'OMG! thanks so much!!!!!I shook his hand!!! I told him I would be back for it, for I didn't have room in my car right now! he said that was fine!!!! That was my sign.....from the good Lord that I'm suppose to be doing this!!!!! That just pumped me up!!!!
His son had sold the trap I bought there a month ago, and gave it to me at cost which was $25 ! I wish you all the luck in the world, you'll just have to share it with me!!!
Monique

mnjulz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Maybe one of these can help they were on the Alley Cat Rescue website.

Cats Anonymous Green Bay, WI
(920)593-2626

MAPPAR
Pardeeville, WI
(608)239-5349
[email protected]

Wisconsin Humane Society
4500 West Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53208
(414)ANIMALS
[email protected]

Happy Endings
5349 Forest Home Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53220
(414)744-3287
[email protected]

Countryside Humane Society
2706 Chicory Road, Racine, WI 53403
(262)554-6699

Kindred Spirits Animal Network Inc
P.O. Box 86, Mazomanie, WI 535560

[email protected]

Country Animal Haven, Inc.
1755 Williams Drive, Stoughton, WI 53589
(608)877-9630

Dane County Friends of Ferals
P.O. Box 14444, Madison, WI 53708
(608)467-4067
[email protected]

whispern'cats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Monique-
Your enthusiasm (sp?) can be felt all the way over here!!!
Wishing you the best!

Lisa

whispern'cats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you, I've been to Alley Cat's Website numerous times. Those places are nowhere near me. The 2 closest places to me for discount spay and neuter are in Neillsville, WI (Clark Co Humane Society) and Amery WI (Vet Clinic). The first is approx. 90 miles the second is 60 miles.

I contacted the Director of the Eau Claire Humane Society as they quietly do TNR and this Spring will be expanding to include areas outside of the city but still Eau Claire County. She gave me another contact which is Animal Control in Eau Claire County who will be in charge of part of their TNR this spring. This person will be gathering the data where the ferals are, who is their caregiver etc. Since we do not live in that county they may very well contact our animal control and these ferals are as good as gone. I'm trying to prevent that if all possible.

The challenges seem to be they cannot go out of there 'zone' so to speak. I understand this. Around here counties are like borders, lol no one steps over.