Ideal weight for cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awesome chart! Thanks for posting.

I have a question for you, how do you feed all seven? Do you give them all the same food (with 7 dishes)? Separate them?

I have three right now and I'm having problems because one is too thin, the other is ideal but loves to eat and tries to steal food from others and one that is too heavy who is on a monitored portion set diet.

We've been separating the ideal weight cat so she doesn't steal anyone's food, but we would like to feed them altogether if possible. Any suggestions?
Well, we rescued another kitty since I started this thread, and we've switched to feeding raw food. :lol3: But yes, we feed them all at the same time. We live in an RV, so there's not a lot of space. Most eat on different levels of the cat trees, but everyone has their eating spot, and when I call them for "dinner" (every meal is "dinner" LOL), that's where they go. :) We have one kitty with ADD when it comes to eating, so we put her in the bathroom with her meal. Our piggy Billy is still a piggy, and basically I can't leave them alone when they eat. I have to police him like a hawk - and no turning my back on them to do dishes or ANYTHING, or he'll be stealing someone's food. :rolleyes: If I lived in a bigger space, I would definitely be feeding them in crates. They all finish within 10-15 minutes, except for Flowerbelle (the ADD girl) who can take up to 20 minutes or so. In fact, I discussed with my DH just today the idea of feeding Billy in a crate. He will howl up a storm, I'm sure. The other option we have is that the shower is a stall, with a door - and because it's an RV, it can be "locked" from the outside (so it doesn't swing open during travel). I may have to start feeding him in the shower stall, while Flowerbelle is in the bathroom. He'll still howl (most likely). But she's deaf. He REALLY doesn't like closed doors. :sigh: But he is just a total PIA.

Last edited: