Ideal Room Temperature for a cat

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is kind of cute, my heating ducts are right above my sliding glass door so when I want both boys to sit next to each other I'll open the window for Scratch and turn up the heat slightly for 8-Bit. 8-Bit will sit right under the return and Scratch will curl up right into the cool breeze of the window.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

This is kind of cute, my heating ducts are right above my sliding glass door so when I want both boys to sit next to each other I'll open the window for Scratch and turn up the heat slightly for 8-Bit. 8-Bit will sit right under the return and Scratch will curl up right into the cool breeze of the window.
That's so sweet!

dogsdirtbike24

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We keep our house at 60 during the day and 50 while we sleep and Dilbert doesnt seem unhappy. He even sleeps by the window at night which is colder. He does have a heavy coat though since he is a Maine Coon mix so it probably does depend on the cat.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Zissou seems okay with my setting, which is "off" unless my apartment gets below 65, which its only done three or four days this winter so far. Even when I turn it on, the highest it ever is set on in 68. Sometimes she seems cold, but she'll just come sit on my feet or hide under the bed where its warm.
My sister's house is kept at 50 during the day, and I think the cats just get fatter to compensate
Just kidding. They do snuggle up under the covers together though.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday Luna came up and slept on my chest while I was still playing...errr studying on the laptop. Once I turned it off, she got up and left.

By the time I turned it off my lap was next to burning...

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Java likes it warm - she's my shortest-haired cat, practically no undercoat. usually sits on top of the directtv receiver, or on the top cat perch [which is just under the vent]. she's also started sleeping with me since the weather got colder, which i like! Cable likes to snuggle with Pixel, but she's reasonably ok on her own - uses the cat beds in the wintertime. Pixel usually lays on her reflecting mat or on me, & so does Chip - they both have similar coats, short-haired but with full undercoats.
but they all seem to like it pretty warm

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mine like it warm and seem fine with the thermostat set at 68. Pete's the biggest heat hog, though. He can usually be found sleeping as close to the radiators as possible during the winter. He's also been known to just go and lay down on top of one of the girls if he feels like being cozy, but Claire's the only one that lets him get away with this.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Polly likes it pretty warm, as she will either lay on the bed in a sunbeam or sun herself in the living room window. Prego is hard to tell. He seems to like to lay on the floor at least in the summer, so maybe he likes it a big cooler.