ice skating!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
im going again on thursday! im really happy because i dont have to pay to get in

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, my story is not really as embarrising as it is sad. Went ice skating with my sister and nephew quite a few years back. I think my nephew was about 5 so that would make me almost 18. Well, we were going around quite nicely when my nephew fell. He was holding my hand and pulled me down with him. Somehow in the process of falling, my skate hit him in the ear. He was bleeding and had a cut through the top of his ear and I felt so bad! He's since forgiven me and has no scars or anything from it. He's 14 now and all ears are intact!
So, I can skate but NOT WELL!!!!!

lizch6699

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love ice skating
I used to play on an all girls ice hockey team. I had never been on ice before and I joined the team b/c they were short on girls and my best friend was on the team. Lol 2 years later we won the state championship.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Don't hate me but I've been an ice skater since "bob skates" (you younger folk will have no idea what those are). I cannot skate in figure skates though - I use tube skates (hockey skates). I used to clean up in all the ice skating races every year when I was in school (public and high school). We still go as a family once in awhile and my 2 friends and I have done the ice skating thing for our girls night out a couple of times.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hehehe I used to figure-skate (and it's like riding a bike - almost) I've only ever had one really embarassing moment on ice and that was when I was about 13. I went skating with a couple of friends (both guys, btw, because none of my girlfriends liked to skate - complaining that it was too cold) but I made the mistake of going in those silly adidas trousers that have poppers all the way up the legs. They guys grabbed an ankle each and ripped them off altogether - but then to make matters worse, I turned to skate backwards and yell at them - and promptly disappeared backwards over the barrier. On the wrong side of a "no unauthorised persons beyond this point" sign. All anyone could see of me was a pair of white-booted feet waving about madly on and the two friends - who eventually came to help me up - their first view was of my big white knickered backside. Ohh man, they've never let me live that down!!

I'm the complete opposite to you - I can't skate in hockey skates!!

sammie5

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I learned to skate on bob skates, on the neighbour's back yard rink. All the kids in our neighbourhood learned to skate about as soon as they could walk. For the little tykes, we'd have a old kitchen chair on the ice, and they'd push that around until they learned to balance. I took figure skating lessons for years. I was never much good, but it was fun, and the arena was just a block from our house.

However, the last time I went skating, my skates were very dull. I was showing some friends from Colombia, and Australia, how to skate backwards. I fell, flat on my back, cracked my head on the ice, blacked out, and had to be taken to emergency for stitches. I haven't skated since then.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sammie5

I learned to skate on bob skates, on the neighbour's back yard rink. All the kids in our neighbourhood learned to skate about as soon as they could walk. For the little tykes, we'd have a old kitchen chair on the ice, and they'd push that around until they learned to balance.
We had a pond at the bottom of the hill from our house and we also used an old kitchen chair as balance to learn on the bob skates. Brings back fond memories. Cleaning the dang pond of snow was always a bother. We had to clean the whole thing off before we could actually go skating.