IBD

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you, I’m doing pork meat but can’t source pork liver. I think I should of stuck with EZ Complete as everything is included in the mix. EZ complete says it turns food into a mush because of added digestive enzyme. Anybody used EZ, please comment
LTS3 LTS3

There is also a Raw feeding thread on here... I do not have the current link.. sorry..

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you, I’m doing pork meat but can’t source pork liver. I think I should of stuck with EZ Complete as everything is included in the mix. EZ complete says it turns food into a mush because of added digestive enzyme. Anybody used EZ, please comment
I used EZ. Krista liked it. But she couldn’t do chicken and EZ comes with chicken liver mixed in. The digestive enzymes in EZ are a “probably won’t hurt, might help” kind of addition. I wouldn’t expect them to pre-digest the food for her. That’s a different kind of digestive enzymes that she would need a prescription for. Usually those digestive enzymes are prescribed for kitties with a pancreatic condition called EPI where not enough digestive enzymes are being produced by the pancreas. This presents the opposite of what you are seeing: smelly, loose stools. If you want to avoid chicken, I would try either calf liver with the pork, freeze-dried pork liver if you can find it (probably in the dog treats section), or try turkey meat with turkey liver.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catmom1234567890

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Sevilay28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Guys, how did I not see this post all this time? We went through almost the same thing. A hairball that clogs up the stomach. The only difference is that mine looks like she's going to vomit forever.
Today my vet thinks it may be ibd on Irmik so she said let's start steroids but saying ibd without endoscopy and starting these horrible meds scares me. Guys, she said 1+1/2 tablets. How can I give it to her, soooo much medicine. But now I'm very suspicious of ibd.

Sevilay28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm writing down all the symptoms:
lots of vomiting
Very strange sounds coming from the stomach or intestines
Looks like she's in so much pain before vomiting
Her appetite is good, even very hungry, I should give it a little more often for gastritis, but it seems like it's not enough for her. Even eating crumbs on the floor?
Once started to vomit, it repeats 2 or 3 times
After vomiting, licks the wall, licks the bag
SHe had a large amount of hair removed from her stomach before because she couldn't poop them out.

Catmom1234567890

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm writing down all the symptoms:
lots of vomiting
Very strange sounds coming from the stomach or intestines
Looks like she's in so much pain before vomiting
Her appetite is good, even very hungry, I should give it a little more often for gastritis, but it seems like it's not enough for her. Even eating crumbs on the floor?
Once started to vomit, it repeats 2 or 3 times
After vomiting, licks the wall, licks the bag
SHe had a large amount of hair removed from her stomach before because she couldn't poop them out.
My kitty was 100% obstructed, She stopped eating. If your cat is eating than may not be totally obstructed but that doesn't mean it won't. You need to watch for signs and symptoms. Frequent vomiting with or without hairball and dry heaving are signs of hairball. If your cat refuses food altogether then this is emergency. You need to take your cat for evaluation to prevent total obstruction. Trust me, if I had known this route, I would have saved thousands of dollars. We spent 30k on 2 surgeries, ER trips, aftercare vet visits not to mention maximum stress. It was a nightmare driving to emergency vet 2 am during Labor Day weekend. You do not want to go down this path.

Sevilay28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My kitty was 100% obstructed, She stopped eating. If your cat is eating than may not be totally obstructed but that doesn't mean it won't. You need to watch for signs and symptoms. Frequent vomiting with or without hairball and dry heaving are signs of hairball. If your cat refuses food altogether then this is emergency. You need to take your cat for evaluation to prevent total obstruction. Trust me, if I had known this route, I would have saved thousands of dollars. We spent 30k on 2 surgeries, ER trips, aftercare vet visits not to mention maximum stress. It was a nightmare driving to emergency vet 2 am during Labor Day weekend. You do not want to go down this path.
A blockage again? Oh no, I guess neither she nor I can handle it. The money we spend is too much for us. And my country is on the brink of an economic crisis! Very difficult. I hope there is no such thing. Please.
SHE IS SOOOO HUNGRY. Even more than necessary.

Catmom1234567890

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
frequent hairball is one of signs of IBD. Slow motility is the cause of of hairball. Slow motility can be caused by inflammation of gut. Other signs to watch for is constipation. IBD is not all about diarrhea. Do not give cat grass to IBD kitty. They cannot process grass and poop it out like normal kitties. Like hair it can clog the stomach. Hunger is a good thing, better than inappetence. Give smaller meals more frequently for easier digestion. What I learned in this journey is to cut out bad food. Despite common protein allergy like chicken as a culprit of IBD, most kitties are not allergic to meat protein. Allergy is caused by other junk fillers in the diet that attack protein molecules in the gut. Read about gut dysbiosis. We now make homemade food with a completer. No gums, thickeners, other bs ingredients that feline shouldn't be eating.

Sevilay28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
frequent hairball is one of signs of IBD. Slow motility is the cause of of hairball. Slow motility can be caused by inflammation of gut. Other signs to watch for is constipation. IBD is not all about diarrhea. Do not give cat grass to IBD kitty. They cannot process grass and poop it out like normal kitties. Like hair it can clog the stomach. Hunger is a good thing, better than inappetence. Give smaller meals more frequently for easier digestion. What I learned in this journey is to cut out bad food. Despite common protein allergy like chicken as a culprit of IBD, most kitties are not allergic to meat protein. Allergy is caused by other junk fillers in the diet that attack protein molecules in the gut. Read about gut dysbiosis. We now make homemade food with a completer. No gums, thickeners, other bs ingredients that feline shouldn't be eating.
How do you do homemade food? I will try doing it maybe

Catmom1234567890

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
go to raw feeding for more info. not everyone is comfortable with raw. Just buy any 1lb of meat of your choice. you can either cook or lightly cook. I do light cook. I put frozen meat and add little bit of water and cover with foil and cook until surface is cooked. I let it cool and cut up in chunks and lightly freeze. I grind the meat in the food processor and add completer like EZ complete or Alnutrin. You can mix the batch with canned food or any food your cat is eating to transition. Easier to transition if your kitty is on wet diet. Most people buy raw meat already pre ground from sources like Soul'y Raw Specialty Pet Food. One thing to note freeze dried raw is bone heavy and not recommend for kitties with constipation or renal issue.