IBD kitty not feeling well

detmut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
New Orleans area (Metairie), Louisiana, United Sta

Peaches is still not wanting to eat much so I took her into today for a Vit. B12 injection. I had to stop trying to give her the pepcid because she could taste it in her food. I went and bought a few cans of Fancy Feast to see if I can get her to eat canned food again. She will eat her dry but not the canned.

I wish I could get pepcid in liquid form. Her steroid is liquid and it so easy to give her.

If the injection doesn't seem to work I will have to save for another vet visit all though it's usually a waste of money.

@Artiemom I hope Artie is doing much better.
there is a liquid Pepcid -- a powder for oral suspension. but it's prescription only.

my buddies

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ask your vet for a prescription for Buprenorphine.  It's an liquid opiate.  It has to be made at a compounding pharmacy.  You can put a small dose into a syringe the pharmacy gives you and squirt it in the side of Peaches's mouth.  I had a cat years ago who was in so much pain from IBD and wouldn't eat.  Within minutes of giving him a squirt of Buprenorphine, he ate and played with my other cats.  Last year one of my cats had a serious urinary tract infection and couldn't pee.  After one dose of buprehorphine, he was able to relieve himself without pain.  He recovered nicely once he started eating and drinking again.  He was on Death's doorstep.

Good luck with Peaches!  It's so heartbreaking to see your pet suffering.  I never had to give either cat enough to get addicted.