IBD cats or food allergy need food advice

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sunnybelle76

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you I appreciate that, less I forget since I started this journey, he has come a long way (I have a journal since Nov).

Getting him off the Vet Food was a good idea, I think I was so scared to get him off of it. And yes he had been doing better because of it, much to my surprise.

Both NV canned and raw nibbles is what I have been using, today is the only the 2nd day he is not on the raw nibbles, just to see what would happen. NOT MUCH, lol

We have relocated plants to areas he can't reach but it doesn't stop him from jumping counters in the kitchen.

We are getting pretty good at making sure he isn't grabbing something, but he is pretty slick.

It didn't make sense that in a week he had 2 flare ups but on the days in between nothing, no reaction nothing. So trying to deduce what happened or what caused it is what I was focusing on & am not getting very far. lol

sunnybelle76

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How long should I keep him on the duck formula before I try another flavour & how to transistion him knowing he has a sensitive tummy?

sunnybelle76

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi

I was wondering if anyone had any resources or a book with receipes for making food for the cats. Not 100% ready to go all raw but is there a simple receipe that I can try with his current food?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The simplest thing to try would be adding some raw meat to his current food. As long as it's less than 15% of his diet you don't need to worry about balancing it. If you have some unenhanced meat, just chop or dice some up and either offer it alone or mixed with his wet food.