IBD and Nausea

bunnelina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, I think you're doing a terrific job already. If anyone can figure this one out, you can. It's clear that Whimsey chose the perfect human to own.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

esrandall2000

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Since adding the homeopathics to my multi-cat household, the kitties and their ownee are much, much calmer. All the kitties and their ownee are sleeping much better!

Since adding slippery elm to Whimsey's regimen, he is has started eating by himself (no more hand feeding), he is sleeping better, seems happier, and is purring more.

Ownee is pleased (actually ownee is estatic, but since ownee is an accoutant, ownee is by nature on the conservative side)!

Whimsey has also stopped waking ownee up at 4:00 a.m. in the morning in favor of 6:00 a.m. which make ownee very happy.

No vomiting and no diahrrhea.

Ownee is VERY happy with both products and is considering adding some Omega 3 to Whimsey's diet, but doesn't want to rock the boat.

bunnelina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is great news! The idea of a newly calm cat household somewhere out there makes me optimistic.

You have me wondering what homeopathic treatments might help with this long-term virus my guys have been having, as well as the ringworm. I'm going to explore this, and surely it will be nicer than reading the side effects of the oral medicines we're going to be stuck with, too!

Since two cats have a calici or herpes virus, they can't have the antifungal baths and dips they need until they are better... and since they're carrying the virus, there's the chance the other two cats will catch it if their baths/dips freak them out and lower THEIR immune systems. So we're in a tough spot. And I have to see what else can be done to help treat the ringworm in the meantime. Homeopathic sounds good!

Calm.... imagine! Thanks for letting us know!

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad to read of the improvements in Whimsey, Esrandall2000. That is good news indeed.

Here're some vibes that everything continues to improve:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

esrandall2000

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So if things go well for the rest of today and tomorrow, Whimsey will have gone an entire week without vomiting! The slippery elm bark and the homeopathics seem to be doing a great job.

bunnelina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's excellent news!

Many good vibes going Whimsey's way:

Why don't more vets learn about homepathic treatments? They make sense!

In local news, my 2 girls survived their first lime-sulfur dips at the groomer today and they smell like gunpowder! I'm still absorbing the fact that this will be a weekly thing for all 4 cats, for months. I dunno.... but I'm thrilled that no one recommended clipping them. If they had to have that, I was considering cutting off my hair in solidarity. Phew.