Iams=Bad??

just mike

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat shows non of those sign other thatn he peed once that i know of outside the litter box. the vet said he might be getting a UTI but just told me to switch foods. He didn't give me any sort of medication. Is there anything I can do to prevent one other then switching his food?
I guess my questions are... does you cat drink plenty of water? Why would the vet have an indication of a UTI? One accident outside of the box is not a diagnosis of a UTI in my opinion.

just mike

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought Nutro for Adult/inactive cats and also for UTI Prevention. I spent $19.00 for a 20lbs. bag which seemed like a good deal to me. Plus there's a $10 mail in rebate! I am going to stick with this for awhile and see if it helps. The vet I go to is really cheap ($10) so I can take him back in a few weeks and get him looked at again.

Also...

I have never noticed a problem in my cats not drinking enough but thanks for the suggestion. We have a variety of bowls of different sizes and depths in 2 different places in the apartment. As far as putting apple cider vinegar in the cats water, I already put a couple tablespoons of something for their teeth and mouth, to fight bacteria and such, cant think of what its called. Can I mix them you think?
I think you will be happy with the Nutro product. Feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns you may have. You can post them here as well. I've bookmarked the thread. I'd leave out ALL of the dental stuff out of the water. I don't know what chemicals are in them and the vinegar may well throw you cat's PH off balance. Most of those things are not effective in my opinion and can do more harm than good.

wanda-yda

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi All,

I have changed from Eagle pack to IAMS recently because I couldnt find Eagle Pack anymore in Malaysia.
This is now their 3rd large bag going to 4th.
They took the changes well for when I tried the changing the food to IAMS, they finished off their food and asking for more.
Then, I noticed something strange lately...
My adult male Jimmy started urinating at every corner and sides of the house. I have 3 males, 2 females and a male kitten.
Jimmy was my favorite and he listens. He absolutely wont do stuffs that angered me and he is very close to me.
For Jimmy to start doing this nonsense, I started scolding him. I didnt realize that he was having this difficulties.
One day, He seems like trying to make me understand that he is in pain. he starts to ask for cuddles and such.
Thats when I realize there's puss at his penis.
Tried wiping it off, its gone and there's no wounds.
After that, I thought I should try the methods my vet thought me when my late kitten was paralyzed.
So I gently rub and squeeze his bladder and intestines.
What surprises me was that a lump of puss came and then stream of urine.
It is decided, I will take Jimmy to the vet tomorrow.
Moral of the story, Yeah... Jimmy and the others has been eating Eagle pack all their live. And they were fine.
After few months on IAMS, my poor poor Jimmy need to make a trip to the vet. (and he hates it)