I Would Pay Someone to........

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by libby74

I'm surprised by how many people said they'd pay someone to clean the litter box. I find it sort of a 'zen' experience, like those little sand gardens that you smooth with tiny little rakes.
Of course, those sand gardens don't usually come with cat cookies.
OMG!
You made me laugh.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

OMG! I am in a very similar situation! I don't mind vacuuming, but my new Hoover Wind Tunnel is a piece of s**t! First the front panel wouldn't stay on, and now the on/off switch doesn't work!!!!!!!I have to plug it in and unplug it every time! Extremely frustrating! The biggest pain in the buttock is replacing the piece of c**p!
Sooooo...you need a Dyson then?

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cleaning the floors. DH used to vacuum regularly, and somehow he's gotten away from that chore over the years. I'd gladly clean bathrooms, dust, wash dishes and do laundry in exchange for doing floors.

We're going to shampoo the carpets today. Or should I say that DH will do it, because he thinks he does a better job than I do. I'll let him have that thought.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My plumbing just messed up!
I'd certainly pay someone to clean up the mess that backed up into the tub last night....
Maybe I can trick DH into wiping it out since I have to go to work soon.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

OMG! I am in a very similar situation! I don't mind vacuuming, but my new Hoover Wind Tunnel is a piece of s**t! First the front panel wouldn't stay on, and now the on/off switch doesn't work!!!!!!!I have to plug it in and unplug it every time! Extremely frustrating! The biggest pain in the buttock is replacing the piece of c**p!
['m glad you mentioned the Hoover. I was thinking
of buying one today! I seem to remember that Consumer Reports gave it a very good rating a few years back.

The "dead" vac was a better model, though not top-of-the-line. I bought it in 1/08; it was broken by 12/08. Yeah, I use it couple of time per week, but that's only on 2 not-very-big area rugs, and two door mats. It should have lasted a LOT longer. (The semi-broken vac is about 2 years old, and I think it picks up better. It works, but the foot pedal latch thing broke. That I can understand, but not a newer vac's motor dying so soon.)

I keep 1 downstairs, and 1 upstairs. We have carpet in 2 bedrooms; I used to use a stick vac/sweeper, but Smudge's fur is weird, and those won't pick it up.

Apart from the dead vac, I've had luck with the Dirt Devils.