I won a cruise!!!!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lately, I've been sort of complaining about the fact that Bradley and I have NEVER, EVER gone on vacation in the almost two years that we've been dating.
Well, that is about to change! I put my name in one of those enter-to-win sweepstakes at a restaurant a few months ago and completely forgot all about it. Well, I get a call today saying that I've won! I won a 4 day/3 night cruise for two to Grand Bahama Island. The travel company pays for the cruise, the hotel, and the food and entertainment on the cruise. We are responsible for meals/entertainment/gifts/gambling, etc. once we're on the island, but that's not too bad. We have 12 months to take the trip, so we can book a time that is convenient for us.
I checked it out to find out if it's legit. It's not one of those timeshare deals; they're not trying to sell us anything. I'm going to do a bit more investigating, but if all continues to look good...Bahamas, here we come!!!

Hmm, with all this luck right now, maybe I should play the lottery!

hannahj

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
wow, I thought that those prizes were like myths. I hope its real for you! Congratulations!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Karen and Hannah
If it all turns out to be 100% legit (
) I promise to take plenty of pictures!!!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's wonderful Amy!!! The Bahamas are a blast and you and Bradley will have a GREAT time!!! Now we're both gonna be cruise chicks this year.
I'm so excited for you!!! GO AMY! GO AMY! GO AMY! WOO WOO!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's great as long as they aren't being sneaky about staying on the island. How long do you actually have to stay on the island?

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Beth, Katherine, and Rigel

Unfortunately, though, it is not looking good. I am doing a web search of the travel company, and I found a posting on a ripoff website about the company....a girl was offered the same prize as me, but the hotel they booked her in was very shabby, so she had to pay about $150 to upgrade to a decent room.... so right now I'm much more skeptical

The thing that stinks is that you have to make your reservation within 4 days (and there is a $77/person registration fee that has to be paid at that time). I kind of think they rush you into registering so that you're locked into the trip....so I'm going to keep investigating before committing to anything!
Bradley and I SO could use this trip though!

carolcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, well it's lots better to be safe than sorry. Have you checked them out with BBB? Good luck and I hope that it turns out that you CAN take the vacation without problems. Keeping fingers and paws crossed for you.......

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

That's great as long as they aren't being sneaky about staying on the island. How long do you actually have to stay on the island?
It's a 3-night stay on the island and you're right about being skeptical Ryan- that's why I'm investigating now!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it doesn't work out, maybe you and Bradley could look into booking a cruise for yourselves anyway? I know a bit about them and about when to get the best deals and all that and if you book with Carnival (the cheaper of the nice lines) for a trip going anytime between September-December you'll only be paying HALF the price as booking in any Spring or Summer month. The cruise Lauren and I are going on is 4 night, 5 day to Ocho Rios, Jamaica and Grand Caymen in the Cayman Islands and is only $396/person (it departs Oct 15). That price includes all room and board (since you stay on the ship), entertainment, and meals on the boat. If you were to look up a 3 night/4 day trip to the Bahamas you could get an inside room (no window, but you're rarely in your room so it doesn't really matter) for under $300. Just a thought because I know it will be disappointing if this doesn't work out. Something to keep in mind.
Also, you don't pay the full price up front. You pay a good chunk and then finish paying at a later time. I think you and Bradley should look into a trip no matter if this one works or not, you both deserve it!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh i hope it is genuine Amy!.

Strange as it seems when i've answered my switchboard at work theres been several calls over the last few weeks only to be a recording with an american accent saying weve won a holiday?!.

Naturally i put the receiver down because it's a business line for goodness sake!.

Let us know what happens, but hey if it is genuine i've been to the Bahamas and it was lovely!!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ugaimes

Thanks Beth, Katherine, and Rigel

Unfortunately, though, it is not looking good. I am doing a web search of the travel company, and I found a posting on a ripoff website about the company....a girl was offered the same prize as me, but the hotel they booked her in was very shabby, so she had to pay about $150 to upgrade to a decent room.... so right now I'm much more skeptical

The thing that stinks is that you have to make your reservation within 4 days (and there is a $77/person registration fee that has to be paid at that time). I kind of think they rush you into registering so that you're locked into the trip....so I'm going to keep investigating before committing to anything!
Bradley and I SO could use this trip though!
I hate to throw cold water on you but, this is NOT legit. If you have to pay anything up front, it is NOT a prize. Once they have your credit card number, you are being left wide-open for numerous other charges.

I know that you probably need the vacation but, save your money and book with a reputable travel agency. If you like, I'll e-mail the link to the one that I've used in the past.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I hope it turns out to be legit!

I won a raffle last night!
It was a cat carry cage, filled with all sorts of goodies for the cats AND me!

misscharlotte

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Oh I hope it turns out to be legit!

I won a raffle last night!
It was a cat carry cage, filled with all sorts of goodies for the cats AND me!
Now that sounds legitimate. Congratulations!!