I was wondering...do you kiss your cat?

lunidoo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My babies run for cover when I say "who wants a kiss!!"
I have 3 that LOVE kisses, Munchy and Simbah initiate it and Simbah would like to put his entire fluffy face in my mouth if he could - he is so cute. Luna also loves kisses, she offers me the top of her head all the time and will smack my face gently if she doesnt get one straight away. The others merely put up with it! But I have no problem kissing my kitties anywhere except their backsides either. Much to Luna's dismay - she is always trying to stick her little bottom in my face wanting one I am sure!!

matty & suma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I will kiss them on the top of the head of pick them up and kiss their bellies, never even thought og the lips, just hasnt come up...

loubelia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I kiss Faline and Nala on the head, and it's funny cause they usually will shake their head like they have a couple of drops of water on the head....and Simba I'll give him a 'kitty cat' kiss, rubbing noses. Simba though, sometimes will come up to me (usually when I'm lying down) and touch his mouth to mine as if to kiss me and say, "I love you mommy!"

kev

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would never kiss a cat - at least not until they have brought me dinner and a few beers - and never on a first date!

Kev

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kev - you're too much!!

I kiss all of them on their heads, feet, backs, tails (not on their lips unless they ask for it).

I used kissing to calm down the last litter of orphaned kittens when they got unruley - little quick pecks repeated all over their bodies with lots of smacking sounds. I think they thought it was their mom grooming them and they would actually fall asleep to it. Muddy still likes it when I do that to him.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I kiss mine on their heads only.

I used to kiss Joji on the lips when she let me but then a vet student told me that a cat's saliva has this bacteria which is more toxic than other animals'saliva (that is why a cat's bite easily gets infected). Please correct me if this is not true! (but I still won't kiss them in the lips)

kev

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by yayi
I kiss mine on their heads only.

I used to kiss Joji on the lips when she let me but then a vet student told me that a cat's saliva has this bacteria which is more toxic than other animals'saliva (that is why a cat's bite easily gets infected). Please correct me if this is not true! (but I still won't kiss them in the lips)
Trust me its incredibly true - my cat bit me badly the day before she slipped away - it was sceptic within 24 hours and it was only cause of this lot that I went to the doc...

KEV

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh wow, look at your cat! my goodness, what a beauty, yes, i kiss my kitties ALL the time on the bridge of the nose and face/cheeks. if i don't ---they nudge me, especially Freddie, the kitten. Sasha, who is 11, is truly his own man, he has his own independent personality and knows he's one testosterone-laden player-dude in the neighborhood. So he holds back affection until he deems It Is So. This means when he jumps on the bed at 7 am on a Sunday morning, he kisses me back, big wet Sasha kisses on my nose. i have never gotten any infections or had anything bad happen. All good. Except during peak shedding season. HA.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We kiss our kitties all the time! We also purr with them, and we schnuzzle the backs of their necks - though only two of the five really let us do that.

Tuxedo's too sweet though - he lets Gary pick him up and hold him like a baby. He snuggles back and grips so hard - it's soooooo cute.

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I give my girlies kisses on the head, but never on the lips. They lick their behind, and then theirselves, but their head is hard to reach....