I was whizzed on!

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've reached a new point of escalation in the whizzing war. I've been peed on twice while sleeping this past week.

I removed the sofa cover so she's no longer interested in peeing on the sofa. I keep the bed covered and weighted while I'm not in it. I've done a good job keeping her from peeing on the new bed mostly. and I'm still waiting for my feliway and cat attract in the mail.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lyrajean

We've reached a new point of escalation in the whizzing war. I've been peed on twice while sleeping this past week.

I removed the sofa cover so she's no longer interested in peeing on the sofa. I keep the bed covered and weighted while I'm not in it. I've done a good job keeping her from peeing on the new bed mostly. and I'm still waiting for my feliway and cat attract in the mail.
Have you taken her to the vet to check for an UTI? And are you cleaning the spots with an enzyme cleaner?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Done both those things. Bedding is at the laundry right now.

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my!! My Little man Tate would jump in my lap after I had been at work all day and PEE on me!! Your baby needs to be checked out. Little Man Tate didn't do it to be mean~~he had diabetes. Hope all goes well with your little one. I'm sure it's something that can be fixed

ebrillblaiddes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Back in grad school, I forgot to clean the litterbox this one time...the cats were patient, but their patience ran out, so, they left some liquid feedback on my bed.

I got the message. And then a shower.

If a cat's got to go, it's going to find a place to go. On the other hand, if a cat is going specifically on or around you, that sounds more like an attempt at communication. Have there been any changes lately that your cat might have a strong negative opinion about?

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ebrillblaiddes

If a cat's got to go, it's going to find a place to go. On the other hand, if a cat is going specifically on or around you, that sounds more like an attempt at communication. Have there been any changes lately that your cat might have a strong negative opinion about?
Removing all the other inappropriate things that she likes to pee on would be the only change I can think of. I've successfully figured out how to tarp the new bed so she can't get under it to whizz. Then, 2 weeks ago she started peeing on the sofa so I took the cover off last week. She won't stoop to whizzing on the icky vinyl underneath. Then she pees on me in bed.

It's like an arms race with urine...

ebrillblaiddes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Have you tried adding a litterbox? My cats don't have this issue, but, some cats like to pee and poo in separate places.

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ebrillblaiddes

Have you tried adding a litterbox? My cats don't have this issue, but, some cats like to pee and poo in separate places.
Yep, got 2. They are scooped at least once every other day. Boxes are changed out once a week. I spend about 1200yen on litter a week! One is a hooded box in the living room. The other is a triangular one squeezed behind the toilet in the bathroom. I literally live in a apartment the size of a hotel room, so 2 is all I can fit. She tends to pee in the bathroom one and poo in the living room hooded one, but this is by no means a hard and fast rule. She actually goes through stages where she likes to 'pee with me' in the bathroom.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Take the hood off, and start scooping them every day, making sure to wipe the walls in the process.
Are you using clay litter? Make sure you are using UNscented litter...

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Carolina

Take the hood off, and start scooping them every day, making sure to wipe the walls in the process.
Are you using clay litter? Make sure you are using UNscented litter...
The hooded box is actually under some stuff that I can't get cat poo on (my coatrack) and she actually prefers that one so I don't think the hood is a problem. There is no ther place to put it. It is in the middle of my living room!

We're using unscented clumping. It's actually a mixture of 2 brands that she seems to prefer. The more clay-like and more small pellet like. Both seem to be unscented.

bunnytee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
For 2 consecutive nights, our 8 mos. old kitten has peed upon both me and my husband while we're sleeping. It's the "vertical" marking type of event. She's currently in heat and scheduled for spaying as soon as she's out of heat. No changes of any sort, no new additions or subtractions to the family. Ultra clean litter boxes. All shots, no evident health issues. She's backing up to us at night and peeing, roughly 3:30AM. I can't express how this infuriates me. What on earth is this about? Anybody?

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats in heat often pee on things, be careful she doesn't try to escape while in heat.

ebrillblaiddes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BunnyTee

For 2 consecutive nights, our 8 mos. old kitten has peed upon both me and my husband while we're sleeping. It's the "vertical" marking type of event. She's currently in heat and scheduled for spaying as soon as she's out of heat. No changes of any sort, no new additions or subtractions to the family. Ultra clean litter boxes. All shots, no evident health issues. She's backing up to us at night and peeing, roughly 3:30AM. I can't express how this infuriates me. What on earth is this about? Anybody?
Sounds like "scent marking"...they're advertising their pheromones to any males that may get within sniffing distance of the pee. Maybe they're figuring that since you go out, some boy cats will follow you home that way.