I was never meant to be an old cat.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Add me also.
I lost my first cats at age 1.
We also lost kittens at 2 weeks and 6 weeks of age.
Your poem is great.
Coco had 2 dead kittens years ago and I lost my Stormy and Yoshi at age 5.
I lost my Patches at age 6 on Thanksgiving Nov 26th 1998.
I hate that Thanksgiving is Nov 26th this year just like the day she died.
Dec 5th will be 2 years since Stormy was pts.
I have lost so many cats at a young age but that is what I get for saving ferals.
My sister is still very upset about Ty.
This is part of a im from today.
bad_kitty2001: I want my Ty back. No cat like him

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That is a harsh reality, especially when you have many cats or do rescue. As the years pass, more and more dates become an anniversary of a loss. I try to remember something unique about each kitty for a moment on those days, something that makes me smile about them. Not the end, although I can tell you what I did nearly every minute of those days, while I can't even tell you what I had for lunch yesterday. But their lives were so much more than the tragedy of their death, which is what I need to focus on.

bad_kitty is right, no two are alike. It's really difficult to move on, help and love the next one that needs it sometimes. But really, that's all we can do.

peachytoday

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep coming back to this poem as it is so beautiful and so relevant to me. As a mommy with a cat that has severe heart disease since he was young I know Redford will not grow old. His last appointment with the cardiologist was not good. We have had several great years with his medication and are changing protocols to try to have many more. But the last visit was a shock. This poem reminds me that whatever happens (and hopefully it will be many more years) my Redford is loved and cherished and in a higher powers hands. I am on the stanza "not today, he's mine"

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That was such a beautiful poem.
Add me to the list of people who cried.

troant

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ok , i should not have read that poem right now, sobbed like a baby. it was beautiful but way to sad for me! thank you for sharing it with us.x